Immobilizer

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2002, 08:00 AM
sparx
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello all

Just picked up my first Scooby yesterday, MY00 5 door... is totally stanard spec but have already been surprised by the traction and acceleration of this car!! ... hehehehe..... and my last car wasn't slow,a 16v Astra GTE.

Question for you though is, everytime i turn the key to start the engine,having turned off the alarm and got in the car, the central locking operates (locks doors) and the car won't start, as if the immobilizer is active.... i have to press the alarm fob again to unlock the doors, and then the engine will start .... what am i doing wrong here?... any ideas?
Old 07 September 2002, 08:16 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Talking

If you have the manual for the car it tells you in there how to reprogram the alarm to not lock the doors when the ignition is turned.

Regarding the car not starting you have to start the car within 30 seconds I think of disabling the alarm or the immobilizer automatically cuts in. (Has to do this to make it a Cat1)

I personally have activated the autolock on mine, also activated the alarm beeps, which I believe is switched to silent by default..

Welcome to Scooby ownership by the way

John
Old 07 September 2002, 10:20 AM
sparx
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Thanks John .... and yes i will read up about it in the manual.