Notices

Making ya alarm go "beep"

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2002, 07:16 AM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Having attended many a meet, i have noticed that some MY99 and MY00 cars, emit a sonic "beep" or "beep,beep" when the alarm is armed/disarmed.

Some folk are not aware that some cars do it and others don't, most folk who's cars DO "beep" tell me that the alarm can be programmed

I have spoke to the dealer, he said RTFM so i read it and couldn't see anything

If there IS a code to activate the "beep" can someone e-mail it to me? Actually, it's hardly a security risk is it, knowing how to turn a beep on and off Can you post it here, maybe it will help others

I've got a MY00 by the way

Mikey

Edited because i am a dullard

[Edited by Gridlock Mikey - 7/30/2002 7:17:45 AM]
Old 30 July 2002, 07:24 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've not only got mine to beep and beep-beep, but it locks the doors when I start the car and unlocks when I stop it

I'm sure someone will post what code it is, I can't remember!

Its in the handbook though if you've got one..

John
Old 30 July 2002, 08:09 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

see this thread it tells you (eventually)

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadID=117183

Beastie
Old 30 July 2002, 08:29 AM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Wink

Mikey,

When I get home I will email you the document that tells you that plus more .... beeps on\off - loud or quiet beeps - autolock

dave. MY00 with quiet beeps and autolock !!!
Old 30 July 2002, 08:53 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Question

I assume this is the same for an MY01 as the alarm is the same make\model??
Old 30 July 2002, 09:14 AM
DBDOM
Scooby Regular

You couldnt possibly mail me with the instructions 2 please
Old 30 July 2002, 09:22 AM
CJRH
Scooby Regular

Wink

If the alarm can auto lock your doors on start up is there anyway of making it automatically shut the windows?

Also could you also mail me the instructions!

Cheers

Chris
Old 30 July 2002, 09:25 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Mail me too
Old 30 July 2002, 09:54 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris,

The Sigma M30 alarm supports full-closure (i.e. closing all the windows too), but the Scooby isn't fitted with the window motors (terminology??) to receive the signal from the alarm.

I looked into fitting this to my car, but was told that adding this would invalidate the Cat1 approval. The Scooby alarm was tested without it, so if you add anything to the std config then you invalidate the certification.

Stefan

P.s. Can I have a copy too please
Old 30 July 2002, 10:02 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Please don't do it. I have an 18 year old neighbour with various spotty mates who turn up every night at around midnight in various sheds and stay until about 2:30am every effin night. When they arrive and leave there is a fusillade of ***** bleeps and buzzes. It's driving me nuts and I now look at anyone who has one suspiciously.
Old 30 July 2002, 10:20 AM
CJRH
Scooby Regular

Wink

Fat Boy, don't worry I'm just interested in the auto locking bit!

Shame about the windows would have been nice if we could have got that bit going as well.

Chris
Old 30 July 2002, 10:45 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

The following features are switchable by the end user, using the keypad, and are detailed in the back of your operating instructions.
To access this mode - turn on the vehicle ignition, press the remote button once, type one of the numbers listed in the chart below, immediately turn off the ignition. The numbers will have the following effect:

Number Function
0 Last trigger isolation - allows the system to be set excluding any circuit giving a trigger signal at the end of the settle time (i.e. allows the system to be set with a defective bonnet switch, without “false alarming” until the switch can be replaced)
1 Turns off the bleeps only for the next time the system is armed (If bleeps turned on!)
2 Turn off ultrasonics only for the next time the system is armed (also possible by pressing the Remote Key with the ignition on before arming)
3 Puts the system into valet mode (effectively freezing the passive immobilisation and any other features such as auto arm when the vehicle goes in for service. System re-activated by arming with the remote key).
4 Turn on auto-lock (an anti-hijack feature that locks the doors and boot when the ignition is turned on)
5 Turn off auto-lock
6 Turn off bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed (Turned off at manufacture to comply with legislation)
7 Turn on bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed ( Note: This will contravene current legislation)
8 Displays vehicle’s battery voltage – 10 flashes on dashboard LED = approximately 10 volts
9 Turn on super-lock for next set period (allows the alarm to arm, but then shuts down the receiver. This reduces the systems current consumption if the vehicle is left for a number of weeks. The system then can only be disarmed using your PIN number , this gives protection even if your keys are stolen, whilst you are away on holiday.
* Toggles between loud and soft arming/disarming bleeps if selected ( See above note in 7)

Beastie
Old 30 July 2002, 06:07 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the replies chaps, total coincidence that there was another thread about this very same subject

Seems that me car is beeping softly now

Cheers

Scoobynet Rocks

Mikey
Old 02 August 2002, 10:54 AM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Old thread now i know but posted a thread on security and no joy.Found this thread to be of great help and now have beeps and anti-jack,but have noticed my ultrasonics arent working.A friend who had a scooby said he had the same problem,after seeing you could turn them off,wondered if there was a code to turn them on.If not will start tracing the wires back to see if anything has come undone.
Thanks
Old 02 August 2002, 10:57 AM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Talking

gene

What makes you think they are not working ?

Email me and I can help you find out. Had the a similar issue with mine and find out they were, but there is a specifc way to test.

Dave
Old 02 August 2002, 12:09 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Question

Don't suppose the alarm on the older cars have any of the features?

The numbers are confusing me already so I guess now..

Key fob has two buttons on, one sets and unsets and the other is panic...

??

JGM
Old 02 August 2002, 01:53 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Dave,just the fact that as with all the other cars ive had if you enter through the window when set it goes off,on mine with the window down and alarmed,stick your head in and nothing until you open the doors.Hence why my system out the Audi is still in the Audi and not in my Scooby.Time to leave mates Staff in there,but afraid it will eat the seats too.
Gene
Old 02 August 2002, 02:06 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

gene, With the windows open when you set the alarm the sensors automatically adjust to the air travel. This makes them less sensitive. Try sitting still in the car with the windows up. Wait 30-60 secs (depending on the alarms params that may of been changed and then try moving). IF you want the alarm light it flashes differently whilst in that time it is adjusting the sensors.

Dave.
Old 02 August 2002, 05:24 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Talking

Dave Have just tried it while in the car and notjing,although after a while when I started moving the alarm light on the dash went from rapid flashes to one long flash each time I suspect I broke its beam.As for siren nothing!
Seems a look under the dash and a pit bull are in order.
Then again the upside is,I now have beeping alarm so back to annoying the neighbours at 2.30 in the morning!
Old 02 August 2002, 05:54 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Dave false alarm,have just been sat in there again,and can only think that couldnt have been still enough the first time cos it went off this time.
Time for ice install now and no need for any dogs in the car,apart from after a few shandys!
Thanks for the help,much appreciated
Old 02 August 2002, 06:39 PM
roguck
Scooby Regular

I have a MY99 UK impreza fitted with the standard sigma alarm. A neighbour who lives over the road from me used to work for toad and used his prog box to set the alarm and the sensors inside the vehicle are set very low from the factory to stop any false alarms (around 1/4 to 1/3 of the bar scale). Needless to say he set the alarm to around 1/2 way or slightly above. No false alarms from the vehicle at all.
Might be worth finding a dealer and look at the settings for the alarm.