Notices

Handling Probs and dash illumination

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2002, 02:09 PM
wilko999
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

having just bought a 95 WRX I seem to be experiencing handling problems! I've done all the tyre pressures to the recommended but the car seems to want to slide all the time if you try and go round a corner a bit quick, I'm not talking 100 mph here! about 50/60 Mph on a faily tightish bend it feels so awkward, can anyone suggest anything or are there any owners in the Berkshire area, i'm in Twyford, that wouldn't mind driving the car to check this out for me? It seems to slide too if you drive along but turn in the wheel from side to side it just feels like it wants to spin? My BMW 320 handled better than this! Must be something wrong coz I've driven others that were fine!

Also a seperate problem, my speedo /dial/dash lights wont work, they were working fine when I got the car but suddenly stopped working along with the front fogs, i checked the fuses in the fuse box in the engine bay but is there another fuse box anywhere else in the car? I can't find one!
Old 29 July 2002, 05:26 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

There is a fuse box in the inside footwell on the drivers side it is covered by a plastic box... thats where the fuse for the interior lights are e.t.c

Dan
Old 29 July 2002, 07:33 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Smile

Dave West - Risbourgh 4WD
and
Subaru4u
Both have a very good reputation in your area. get them to look at it.

Once you get handling sorted one of the best mods you can do to a scoob in the Bumpstear mod from Powerstaion - Cheltenham. About £129ish. Well worth it.
Old 30 July 2002, 02:29 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Wilko,

Check u r rear swaybar links, they`re made of plastic and are known to wear out if the cars driven hard If they are goosed the best recommendation IMHO is to get u r self a set of steel links These are available from Mike @ Scoobymania or Stuart @ Townend. Not expensive but a good piece of kit in the quest for sorted handling. Hey u can even go bananas and get the anti lift/dive kit whilst u r at it.

L8r
Pete