Notices

P*ss Poor Paint

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2002, 12:59 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Don't know if its the right forum or not.
Had a mark on the top of front wing (reddish blue). Decided to take it out with Autoglym Renovator. I've used WW producucts as well. While polishing at mark was talking to my m8 and not watching what I was doing. It's taken the whole top coat of metallic off!!! Now got a pale ble section 1" x 2" on top of wing. Looks as if I'll have to get the wing resprayed. Anyone had this before? I was'nt rubbing hard or anything.
Alasdair
Old 21 July 2002, 10:30 PM
X8 DMB
Scooby Newbie

Did the same thing with my01....tried to repair a stone chip with touch up paint, and cut back with TCUT. Straight through to the second paint layer and a £500 bill.
Old 22 July 2002, 06:27 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Looks like the whole wing will need to be resprayed now. Find out how much today!!
Alasdair
Old 22 July 2002, 02:47 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

What a ripoff. Quoted 170 quid to get the wing resprayed. Told the guy he was having a laugh at which he mumbled well we have to take the lights, sidelights off etc. I said well give me 30 secs and I'll do that for you so how much cheaper will it be now.
Took the hump and said 170 is the price. Ok I said - How long. Give us a call in 2 weeks and we'll book it in within the following week. Silence ensued for the next minute. I expected to hear the tune from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. Told him to forget it.
One of the mechanics I know came up to me as I was leaving and gave me the name of someone who will do a good job. Went to see him this afternoon. 100 quid and he'll start it tomorrow. Guy has his own premises/business the lot but likes his holiday cash.
Who says capitalism is dead
Alasdair