Delta Dash and TEK

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2002, 11:24 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

All,

My Delta Dash software arrived today following days sitting by the post box waiting for it Laptop charged and at the ready.

John Banks did a custom TEK 2.5 for me a couple of weeks ago, and to be honest I was bloody impressed, as I'm sure some of you may have read But a little worried as I had no real way of knowing. Defis are god knows where (four gauge option) AFM is broken, but replacement on the way (thanks Jamie )

Anyway, the parcel arrived and I loaded it up, on XP. All loaded fine and the drivers for the dongle loaded fine. Shut machine down, and and fitted the dongle.

Connected into the car, via the Select monitor point with the adaptor. This will have to be hardwired later in the week. I did knock the cable a few times Looks like the lead only uses three wires, and a serial port.

Switched the ignition on and it read that I was using a AE801 Started logging eventually (don't ask) and went for a drive. Now I'd love to be able to explain what the log said, but don't know. I had two instances of -2 knock, but that's normal. Email my log of to John and he looked at it and said perfect, Fueling, etc, etc, etc. In fairness my car is running like a dream and accelerates like a harrier jump jet

Just thought I'd let you know It amazing what sensors this software can report on

Cheers Phill C

PS The delta dash proved the AFM was either faulty or out of cal, my first bit of diagnostic work
Old 17 July 2002, 09:14 AM
Neal Gibbons
Scooby Regular

"Now I'd love to be able to explain what the log said, but don't know"

I raised this point at the PE open day, all this data is good but how do you interpret it? What does it all mean? How do you know what's good or bad? There are no basic help pointers or explanations with the s/w.

I was advised to use the MRT discussion BBS to learn more and check the ECUTEK web site. IMHO this is not good enough.

I now know a lot more about what it all means than before, reading posts from JB on this BBS has helped as did the actual open day but I still think ECUTEK should put more help information and basic pointers with troubleshooting help into the s/w. I still have not bought the s/w

Just my 2p worth
Old 17 July 2002, 01:01 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

I was sort of hoping for the same thing as well - just some general guidance. I think I've picked most of it up now, but it would be a much better product if all this information was available as well. Wouldn't take too long to write, either, a basic 'what this tells you' type thing.
Who knows, maybe one is being worked on & they're just not telling us
Old 17 July 2002, 01:11 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Any have the URL for MRT then?

Thanks

J
Old 17 July 2002, 02:13 PM
Neal Gibbons
Scooby Regular

Here you go!

http://www.mrtrally.com.au/forums/

Neal
Old 17 July 2002, 02:17 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Cheers

J

Old 09 September 2002, 08:41 PM
Razor2001
Scooby Regular

agree, there needs to be a better source for finding out what all this infor means

Cheers,
Ray
Old 09 September 2002, 09:02 PM
WillieF
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yeah I bought the software recently and I am really impressed.

As I opened the package I saw what I thought was the manual and thought yipppeee they give you loads of info on how to interpret the results.

Imagine my disappointment when I reallised they had given you a big scribbling pad which given that all the data is logged on my computer I can't find a use for!!

On the CD there is a manual which only deals with the very basics so it is down to each of us to interpret the data in our own niave way.
Old 09 September 2002, 11:04 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

You need this page here. http://www.ecutek.com/tuning/diagnostics/

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 10 September 2002, 11:43 AM
WillieF
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks that goes a littel way to explaining it but on an 02 car the knock sensor is all over the place but this appears normal can anyone explain. Is it just the adpative ecu retuning constantly..??