Smile

Current spec of car

UK Classic shape scoob registered december 2001
blitz induction kit
scoobysport downpipe
magnex centre
scoobysport backbox
tek 2 ecu

thinking of adding a water spray system onto the intercooler, would this be of any benefit, if so what.

how much would it cost? are there any kits out there that are easy to install yourself, and work automatically.

i am not very very technical in the diy front on cars(good at building etc though) so would prefer a kit with instructions which i can follow.

put all the above kit on myself, problem is i just lack a bit of patience with some things ie downpipe, overtorqued bolts and nuts etc eek:. this is why i would be no good at making one up myself.

[Edited by P20SPD - 7/5/2002 12:28:16 PM]
Old 05 July 2002, 01:05 PM
DarrenC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont waste your money.

Have a look at my new question in the section, and I think you will have an idea of my opinion.

Cheers
Darren
Old 05 July 2002, 01:34 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About £15 for STi spray nozzles and some hose to connect it to the headlight washers. Drops the charge temps but about 4 degrees if you are pushing hard - I only use it on very hot days or on the track because I am running 20 PSI on a modded TD04L.
Old 05 July 2002, 03:26 PM
RT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe that it was a waste of money. Not for me anyway - I have hard results. Here's my post from another thread.

I doubt you'll be able to feel any difference. But it sure does help when you're running hot. I have a Defi Water temp gauge tapped into my intercooler (range 20-120degC), a high pressure spray setup and a suction fan under the intercooler (much like the radiator fans, only smaller). You can never get too cool in the tropics!

If I leave the car parked for 20mins, the intercooler is sweating it at 75degC when I get back. If I get in and drive without using the spray, it takes a good 5 mins to get the IC temp back down to the 30's. If I pump it with water, it takes about half this time to get back down. If I use the fan its even faster, esp if the first few mins are spent in slow-moving traffic.

Do I feel a difference in power? No. But I'm surely running with a bigger margin from det! Don't forget, unless you det, the ECU will still run the std fueling and timing maps.

MY01 JDM STI RA.