Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2022, 04:17 PM
2013cossj
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Data Monitor issue

Hi,

As per title my PSI3 is playing up.

It was working fine yesterday and this morning when I got into the car it didn't turn on upon starting the car - like it normally did.

When I pushed a few buttons it came on, did its normal start up and then said 'goodbye'

I was a little confused so I unplugged it and tried again, I did come on but all of info/gauges seemed to be frozen and didn't reed the data as such then after a while it done the whole 'goodbye' thing again.

I am going to go home and unplug the battery to see if that does anything, anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks
Old 23 September 2022, 09:57 AM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

if car was sitting in direct/indirect sunlight it can cause dry joints to expand on the units, and ends up bolloxing the display. it will then work again as normal later on in a cooler environment.

PSI3 are great but they are so problematic nowadays being old technology and dry joints especially on the dash mounted setup is biggest issue with them.

you could try reaching out to Simon@Auwell electronics as he serviced mine a good few years back (like 7yrs ago or so) and at the time it was about £100 to repair dry joints on them - no idea if he still even does it or how much it would be now.

unplugging the battery wont do anything, just unplugging at obd socket will do exactly the same
Old 23 September 2022, 10:10 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Normally its a cold weather issue with the screen I get, thats all,
I suppose everything has a life length, they are a good few years old now