Notices

Neutral Position Switch - Probable culprit of misfire errors in my Bugeye

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2022, 04:51 PM
BarrFarr
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Neutral Position Switch - Probable culprit of misfire errors in my Bugeye

I own a 2001 WRX Bugeye with a 5MT. For a long time I'm struggling with blinking CEL and errors (misfire cylinder 1 and 3 mostly and occasionally also 2 and 4). Yesterday I think I finally managed to track down the fault. After reviewing logs it turned out that NPS occasionally comes on even if I slightly press the gas pedal and revs do not change, which suggests that I did not change gear.

I would prefer to be 100% sure before ordering a sensor if it was causing these constant errors. Also, it is not available anywhere in my country so I will be waiting weeks for delivery.

Is it safe to short circuit/disconnect sensor depending on whether it's N.O or N.C. switch to see if misfire errors will still pop up?

Old 04 May 2022, 03:49 PM
rutt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bugeye only used to throw the cel when i was attempting to change gear quickly.
It again came up with the misfire code but wasnt missing.

someone at the time suggested its down to wear and that you could space it with a washer

I swapped it out and it went away
Old 06 May 2022, 04:55 AM
BarrFarr
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've managed to find the switch near my city and replace it. As i suspected that was the culprit of mysterious misfire codes in my car. After replacing the CEL code doesn't show no more
The following users liked this post: