Help with catch can set up

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2020, 12:39 PM
si_pow
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with catch can set up

Hi

​​​​​​I have mocked up the way my catch cans ran before i started getting flumes of smoke by a leaking hose.
Does that look right?

Thanks
Old 03 May 2020, 09:43 AM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't know if there's a better setup as it came like this but I have an aos/catch can setup that goes:

Crank Case Breathers > T piece > AOS > Catch Can > Turbo Inlet

My pcv goes into the turbo inlet and is not "caught" but would probably be better if it was
Old 04 May 2020, 12:54 AM
PedroFT
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 04 May 2020, 10:46 AM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Why is everything YouTube these days, I don't know about you but I don't want to watch a 10 minute video of some mupoet with a droning voice for information that could be read in 30 secs and be more direct and factual without all the babbling, I don't know, maybe I'm just old now
Old 04 May 2020, 11:24 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by MrRtm
Why is everything YouTube these days, I don't know about you but I don't want to watch a 10 minute video of some mupoet with a droning voice for information that could be read in 30 secs and be more direct and factual without all the babbling, I don't know, maybe I'm just old now
My pet hate exactly; you just know if there is an young American , especially with a baseball cap , or rock/ electronic intro in the 1st seconds, that you are going to have to listen to 10mins of BS erring and humming, before the ****e actual work even begins. The best ones are silent, sub titled with all the equipment and crucial points. Half the time I start watching only to find they are travelling to a "bro's" garage, or a "shop" to badly film someone else doing it. Fair gets my goat, and I didn't even watch the one above......suppose I'll have to now grrrr
Edit; to be fair, except the music, he was reasonably concise with the little sucker

Last edited by hedgecutter; 04 May 2020 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04 May 2020, 01:13 PM
PedroFT
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MrRtm
Because as they say:
"one picture is worth a thousand words", imagine a video of someone doing... where you can skip forward and back.

the 10min is the time youtube puts adds on the videos so they can monetize. but the video i've shown shows the routing and it's only 6min long.
Old 04 May 2020, 08:03 PM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PedroFT
Because as they say:
"one picture is worth a thousand words", imagine a video of someone doing... where you can skip forward and back.

the 10min is the time youtube puts adds on the videos so they can monetize. but the video i've shown shows the routing and it's only 6min long.
Yes, it can be, and a picture would be fine, but it's a video, 6 minutes long for information that could be portrayed in a picture within seconds or text in a little more.

Don't take my replies as a personal attack as it's not intended to be at all, we all have our opinions :-)