2.0R Heads on Turbo EJ20

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2020, 03:47 PM
Denimir
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0R Heads on Turbo EJ20

Hello everyone,

Not a while ago I heard from a friend of mine, that the 2.0R heads are being used in turbo ej20 cars due to having AVCS. We have a few 2.0R engines lying around and was wondering if I should try this.
I am having concerns, as those heads are made for N/a cars and I do not want to rebuild the engine after a month or two due to the heads failing. The 2.0R engine that I am going to use was previously turbocharged, but the guys who did the work f'ked up and it lasted about 4000 kilometres before throwing the rods.

I was not able to find any information over internet and that's why I am asking if someone is having first hand data regarding this.

Kind regards,
Denimir
Old 19 April 2020, 06:23 PM
MOTORS S GT
Scooby Regular

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes, you can use them, but do have a small combustion chamber, they require work before fitting to a turbo engine, there is no drain connection for the turbo, its there but requires machining, I use them as for a 2.0 head they are crack free around the spark plug bosses.
Old 19 April 2020, 10:00 PM
Denimir
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your reply! May I ask if you did yourself a conversation like this and is it only the drain connection that needs to be machined before fitting them? Also, I would appreciate if you can provide with any information or comparison between the stock WRX heads and the 2.0R heads on a turbo car. Moreover, those heads are going to be used in a GC8 with closed deck motor if it makes any difference.
Old 20 April 2020, 09:24 AM
MOTORS S GT
Scooby Regular

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Denimir
Thank you for your reply! May I ask if you did yourself a conversation like this and is it only the drain connection that needs to be machined before fitting them? Also, I would appreciate if you can provide with any information or comparison between the stock WRX heads and the 2.0R heads on a turbo car. Moreover, those heads are going to be used in a GC8 with closed deck motor if it makes any difference.
As I said in the other thread, combustion chamber on the 2.0R heads are around 44cc, the WRX heads are going to be 48cc, so that will need sorting, otherwise you will be way to high on your compression ratio, which is what happened on your last build using them, my advice would be to get the heads de squished, & open up the combustion chamber around the inlet valves, mock up the engine & measure your compression ratio.
Also your WRX heads are not avc's equipped.

Last edited by MOTORS S GT; 20 April 2020 at 09:26 AM.
The following users liked this post: