Notices

Scooby newbie needs some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2020, 05:03 PM
Norby822
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby newbie needs some advice.

Hi guys I have bought a turbo 2000 gf8 off a family member very very very cheap as it's been off road for year or so but it's now back on road but as of yesterday it has decided to play up a little,I drove it for a few days with no problems at all and then the check engine light appeared and it was the maf so I replaced it and then it's been fine,now it decides to boost up to 0.5 bar and then starts misfiring and juddering then it goes and hits full boost but also when coming to a junction and dip clutch sometimes the car cuts out and then doesn't idle properly.ive changed vacuum lines as I had the same issue on another car and that was the problem,I've been told could be boost solenoid but I thought I'd ask on here.thanks for your time.
Old 20 January 2020, 09:21 PM
Smurf STI
Scooby Newbie

I'm not 100% certain, as I understand, with some of the engine management systems, after changing some of the sensors, the ECU has to be told as there are always manufacturing deviations. In essence the ECU calibrates for the variations between sensors. May or may not be applicable but could be an easy thing to check.

Can anyone else weigh in?
Old 22 January 2020, 07:47 PM
Norby822
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for the reply mate.ive just had a look at the old vacuum pipes what I replaced as I forgot the restrictor pill would be in the pipes but there isn't one also I'm not sure if the the vacuum hoses are on correct way on the boost solenoid as seen alot of posts on here saying different ways.but the car ran perfect before without the restrictor pill.pfffft