Notices

Boost relaxing since remap

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2018, 10:16 PM
V-Lim Jim
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boost relaxing since remap

Hi All, now my car has been fitted with a new shortblock and remapped I have a curious issue I didn't have before.

I have what could be described as a ‘relaxing’ of the boost at anything over 4000rpm when the car is accelerating up a hill or is generally under heavy load (couple of passengers in the car) - it will be on boost for 500rpm and then for the next 500rpm it will feel like the boost has been greatly reduced. This continues towards redline in this on/off boost pattern; what could be causing this? Come to think of it I have never experienced this issue in first or second gear either, although it does go through those two rather quickly

Car is a GF8 Version 3 STI V Limited
Old 26 September 2018, 04:35 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As with most issues it could be a number of things, BUT, since its happened since the remap it sounds like duty cycles are wrong, making the wastegate open etc when it shouldnt allowing boost to escape.
It could be a piping issue, could be a leak somwhere since the engine has been out also, actuator could be at fault as well, maybe they adjusted the arm and its now not holding pressure.
Old 30 September 2018, 11:46 AM
V-Lim Jim
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Rig
As with most issues it could be a number of things, BUT, since its happened since the remap it sounds like duty cycles are wrong, making the wastegate open etc when it shouldnt allowing boost to escape.
It could be a piping issue, could be a leak somwhere since the engine has been out also, actuator could be at fault as well, maybe they adjusted the arm and its now not holding pressure.
Thanks Rig, I have visually checked all pipes and they seem ok. Think it must be boost solenoid/wastegate related as you have suggested. I'm going to clean the boost solenoid and if I still have this issue following that she's off to Cams for a map check