Notices

Hatch dump valve

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2018, 03:31 PM
Markkingmonkey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch dump valve

I don’t suppose anyone’s selling a dump valve that’ll fit a 2008 STI? Or recommend someone who stocks them? I’d like a forge ideally

Cheers
Old 28 August 2018, 04:12 PM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

any 2001 onwards dumpvalve will fit a hatch sti
Old 28 August 2018, 04:41 PM
Markkingmonkey
Scooby Regular

Thanks, just been reading through some old threads saying they are not as effective as the standard recirculating. I do love a DV brings back memory’s of my first Renault 5gt turbo. But if it in anyway impedes spool up then I’ll giv it a miss I think
Old 28 August 2018, 04:44 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

I have. Hks ssq just need to buy an adapter off eBay to fit it
Old 28 August 2018, 05:14 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Many threads on here with the age old dump valve question. Many say due to it causing over fuelling causes bore wash, long term engine damage. I love mine but have removed it now.

Originally Posted by Markkingmonkey
Thanks, just been reading through some old threads saying they are not as effective as the standard recirculating. I do love a DV brings back memory’s of my first Renault 5gt turbo. But if it in anyway impedes spool up then I’ll giv it a miss I think
Old 28 August 2018, 06:34 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO

I have. Hks ssq just need to buy an adapter off eBay to fit it
i still have the adapter plate i bought for this, still in the packet in the garage

OP it's available if you want
Old 28 August 2018, 07:35 PM
Jon T
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Markkingmonkey
Keep the oem valve and go with a inner wing cold air intake instead. You can hear the valve recirculate and it sounds like a dump valve but soooo much better. The nice thing is that it's not just the same noise every time you change gear. You get a slight pssst if your just pottering but when you boot it all you hear is it sucking like crazy then a proper pssst when you shift. The induction sound on full throttle is crazy.
Old 28 August 2018, 08:50 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon T
Keep the oem valve and go with a inner wing cold air intake instead. You can hear the valve recirculate and it sounds like a dump valve but soooo much better. The nice thing is that it's not just the same noise every time you change gear. You get a slight pssst if your just pottering but when you boot it all you hear is it sucking like crazy then a proper pssst when you shift. The induction sound on full throttle is crazy.
I've both so much fun noises.
Old 28 August 2018, 09:22 PM
Markkingmonkey
Scooby Regular

Sounds very interesting where’d you get yours from? Does it effect the map? Does it need remapping?
Old 28 August 2018, 09:24 PM
Jon T
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Scooby clinic. Yes and yes, but if you put a dump valve on it it would need mapping anyway
Old 28 August 2018, 10:09 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

That was going to be my next suggestion. Induction kits don't really do much for a standard Impreza. Panel filters are better. But better to get induction kit over dump valve. As it removes all the resonators that help get rid of induction noise as I found I have a resonator in my front wing, it needs to go

Old 29 August 2018, 11:38 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Induction kit needs careful thought, esp if your system still has a MAF.

They can, and do cause damage by vibration, plus some need oiling and the oil affects the MAF wire. Lost count of folk whose MAF's have given up due to fitting an induction kit, and some have had their engine go bang as a result