Notices

uprated plugs for hawkeye sti 350bhp

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2017, 03:03 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 497 Likes on 339 Posts
Default uprated plugs for hawkeye sti 350bhp

i remember with the 2.9 motors that ngkpfr7b were the plugs to use, which ones for the 2.5?

cheers
Old 28 December 2017, 03:23 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

ILFR6H or 7H from memory for the 2.5 as its a longer plug than the 2.0
Old 28 December 2017, 03:34 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by domino46
ILFR6H or 7H from memory for the 2.5 as its a longer plug than the 2.0
these any good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370383423953
Old 28 December 2017, 06:35 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NGK-LASER-...EAAOSwhQ5XQEge

the ones in your link have a slightly different code (LFR7AIX), iv always used the ILFR7H for mine
Old 28 December 2017, 09:36 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NGK-LASER-...EAAOSwhQ5XQEge

the ones in your link have a slightly different code (LFR7AIX), iv always used the ILFR7H for mine
The ones I put in that link according to this thread are the correct ones for my non-standard sti hawk

https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-ann...u-impreza.html
Old 28 December 2017, 10:20 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the shreksta
The ones I put in that link according to this thread are the correct ones for my non-standard sti hawk

https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-ann...u-impreza.html
mine was a none standard hawk aswell , was advised this by many tuners when I first got it including bob rawle who owns his own hawk and have never had any issues with them , can't say about the other plugs as never used them
Old 28 December 2017, 10:52 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

mine was a none standard hawk aswell , was advised this by many tuners when I first got it including bob rawle who owns his own hawk and have never had any issues with them , can't say about the other plugs as never used them
I will report back once I've ran them for a while, thanks for your help buddy
Old 29 December 2017, 12:35 AM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NGK make 2 types of iridium plugs, designated "ix" for single precious metal or "i" for dual precious metal.
And that is the only difference between those two part numbers. Everything else is the same. "LFR7"
L = Long thread reach plug
F = thread length 19, thread diameter 14, hex size 16.
R = Resistior.
7 = heat range.

Explanation of the 2 different iridium plugs from the NGK brochure.......

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OE IRIDIUM AND IRIDIUM IX
NGK builds two types of iridium spark plugs: OE Iridium and Iridium IX®. Every plug in the Laser Series was designed for an OEM application. All dual precious metal plugs are designed to provide maximum longevity. For the OE Iridium series, dual precious metal means iridium on the center tip and platinum on the ground electrode. Some of these plugs have special resistors or multiple ground electrodes, depending on the original equipment requirements.

The Iridium IX® spark plugs are a single precious metal aftermarket performance plug. They are a great option for modified engines, and where recommended, are appropriate replacements for OEM spark plugs. Iridium IX® plugs are an excellent upgrade from standard nickel plugs. The Iridium IX® plugs are offered in various heat ranges and sizes to fit most automotive and non-automotive applications.

These two plugs perform similarly, due to their fine-wire tip design, but the service interval is different; the Laser Series are typically designed to last 80 to 100 thousand miles, where as the Iridium IX® spark plugs are designed to last 40 to 50 thousand miles.

Hope that clears things up
Old 29 December 2017, 06:58 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by debbiesonic
NGK make 2 types of iridium plugs, designated "ix" for single precious metal or "i" for dual precious metal.
And that is the only difference between those two part numbers. Everything else is the same. "LFR7"
L = Long thread reach plug
F = thread length 19, thread diameter 14, hex size 16.
R = Resistior.
7 = heat range.

Explanation of the 2 different iridium plugs from the NGK brochure.......

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OE IRIDIUM AND IRIDIUM IX
NGK builds two types of iridium spark plugs: OE Iridium and Iridium IX®. Every plug in the Laser Series was designed for an OEM application. All dual precious metal plugs are designed to provide maximum longevity. For the OE Iridium series, dual precious metal means iridium on the center tip and platinum on the ground electrode. Some of these plugs have special resistors or multiple ground electrodes, depending on the original equipment requirements.

The Iridium IX® spark plugs are a single precious metal aftermarket performance plug. They are a great option for modified engines, and where recommended, are appropriate replacements for OEM spark plugs. Iridium IX® plugs are an excellent upgrade from standard nickel plugs. The Iridium IX® plugs are offered in various heat ranges and sizes to fit most automotive and non-automotive applications.

These two plugs perform similarly, due to their fine-wire tip design, but the service interval is different; the Laser Series are typically designed to last 80 to 100 thousand miles, where as the Iridium IX® spark plugs are designed to last 40 to 50 thousand miles.

Hope that clears things up
yep that certainly help........oracle of the spark plug