Notices

Wing mirror electrical connectors

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2017, 03:04 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wing mirror electrical connectors

Is there any way to change the connectors on my wing mirrors..ive fitted uk mirrors to my jdm bug and the connectors for the electrics are different..is there an adapter?
Old 07 November 2017, 03:18 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

When you say "the connectors are different, do you mean the housings are different sizes/shapes? Or the pins are in different places?

AFAIK, there are no adaptors, but if you have the old mirrors, you can get the pins out of the housings with a needle and a bit of patience, do the same for the new ones, and put the pins into the ones that fit.
You insert the needle down from the wire side, gentlry releasing the metal tang on the pin, then pull both out at once.
DO take a pic first so you can see what goes where.
Old 07 November 2017, 04:31 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
When you say "the connectors are different, do you mean the housings are different sizes/shapes? Or the pins are in different places?

AFAIK, there are no adaptors, but if you have the old mirrors, you can get the pins out of the housings with a needle and a bit of patience, do the same for the new ones, and put the pins into the ones that fit.
You insert the needle down from the wire side, gentlry releasing the metal tang on the pin, then pull both out at once.
DO take a pic first so you can see what goes where.
Yes the plastic housing the plug into one and other are different ..i dont have the old mirrors though as my car came with carbon fibre wrc style ones.. non electric.
Old 08 November 2017, 10:05 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Do what I did when I put folding ones on mine. Visited a breakers, found a Legacy, cut the connectors off.