Notices

Im only making 0.5bar boost 2.0 sti newage

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2017, 09:23 PM
Blobsti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im only making 0.5bar boost 2.0 sti newage

Hi guys i have 2004 wrx sti type uk i been havin trouble making my boost usually 1.5bar now im gettin 0.5 i have had code of idle controle valve i gove it clean now the code aint come back on but still 0.5 bar im thinking maybe bcs or wastegate fault.....i took the pipe off the wastegate and it makes 1.5bar boost...but soons i put pipe back on im back to 0.5 bar....any help would be great...thanks
Old 18 August 2017, 09:31 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

what dump valve ?
Old 18 August 2017, 09:48 PM
Blobsti
Scooby Newbie

Hks
Old 18 August 2017, 10:29 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

is the car mapped? im guessing so if your usually running 1.5 bar. if its mapped on ecutek check it hasnt defaulted to the low boost map.
Old 18 August 2017, 10:45 PM
Blobsti
Scooby Newbie

Its ppp 305bhp then maped i belive im not 100% i was just told its been remaped and its got the ppp upgrade....how would i check? As when i took the pipe off today i had 1.5 bar put pipe back on back to 0.5 i have cleaned the maf also checked for boost leaks.....its still not idle were i wont it to be it idles about 1300rpm i did have idle control valve issue had eml on had limp mode was hitting brick wall on 5k rpm i give it clean eml light off now showing no fault codes idle have gone better was at 1800 rpm now to 1300
Old 18 August 2017, 11:07 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Blobsti
Its ppp 305bhp then maped i belive im not 100% i was just told its been remaped and its got the ppp upgrade....how would i check? As when i took the pipe off today i had 1.5 bar put pipe back on back to 0.5 i have cleaned the maf also checked for boost leaks.....its still not idle were i wont it to be it idles about 1300rpm i did have idle control valve issue had eml on had limp mode was hitting brick wall on 5k rpm i give it clean eml light off now showing no fault codes idle have gone better was at 1800 rpm now to 1300
I didn't know where to breath reading that, I can't make head nor tale of that, sorry

You ought to be remapped at 1.5 bar, pretty sure 1.2 bar is standard.
Old 18 August 2017, 11:14 PM
Blobsti
Scooby Newbie

Sorry you dont understand it.....and yeah makes 1.5bar its not stock it had the ppp pack from new so was 305bhp from new then last owner had it maped i been told 330-340bhp when i sort the boosting issue out i will get it on the rollers and see what it makes
Old 18 August 2017, 11:17 PM
Blobsti
Scooby Newbie

Im goin to try my friends bcs and see if its better.....he had wrx 2004 would the bcs be the same?
Old 19 August 2017, 12:28 AM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

its idling way too high for a start. should be around 7-800 rpm. code for the idle control valve is obviously somewhere to look. have you changed anything recently? do you know how to change the boost map? if not turn the ignition key on fully but dont start the car, then press the accelerator fully to the floor and hold it there then press the rear screen demister once then release the pedal and switch off ignition. now go for a drive and see if your boost level is back to 1.5 bar or at least higher than 0.5 bar. this is assuming your car is mapped and by ecutek software.
Old 19 August 2017, 12:58 PM
Blobsti
Scooby Newbie

Running out of ideas now guys i just tried friends bcs and still no joy @ 0.5bar also the car feels like its missin as if its under alot strain while pullin off seems fine when its rolling ect...
Old 24 August 2017, 06:43 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4
its idling way too high for a start. should be around 7-800 rpm. code for the idle control valve is obviously somewhere to look. have you changed anything recently? do you know how to change the boost map? if not turn the ignition key on fully but dont start the car, then press the accelerator fully to the floor and hold it there then press the rear screen demister once then release the pedal and switch off ignition. now go for a drive and see if your boost level is back to 1.5 bar or at least higher than 0.5 bar. this is assuming your car is mapped and by ecutek software.
Is this legit? What does this process do please? I'm not suggesting it's rubbish, merely trying to expand my knowledge base. Both my cars are mapped by Andy F on Ecutek so it would be interesting to learn more bout this if it is Ecutek specifically related. Thank you for any info 😊
Old 24 August 2017, 08:45 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

+1 above??????.
Old 24 August 2017, 10:07 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

I think he's referring to "open source switchable mapping" which if used is to switch maps; by 100% WOT and press the rear screen demister once, repeat for the other map and so on.... The ecu recognises the Wot and signal of the rear demister and acts as a switch, clever really.....

I ran this I think on two cars with the Carberry software mapping....

Unsure if this is the case for ECUTEK.
Old 24 August 2017, 10:45 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Honestly think Andy F told me this is how to switch between "high & low" boost maps but I genuinely forgot hence the question as it rang a bell! Thank you very much! I will try this tmw at some point and get back on it. There could be loads of people that have this function but simply forgot or were never told how to change when they bought their cars!!!! Great top tip!!!!
Old 24 August 2017, 10:50 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by R666ORY+1
Honestly think Andy F told me this is how to switch between "high & low" boost maps but I genuinely forgot hence the question as it rang a bell! Thank you very much! I will try this tmw at some point and get back on it. There could be loads of people that have this function but simply forgot or were never told how to change when they bought their cars!!!! Great top tip!!!!
Thanks for explaining.
Old 25 August 2017, 12:21 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

this is totally legit guys. if you bought the car already mapped then you prob wouldnt know about it but at mapping time the mapper would have explained to the customer how to change maps using the rear demister switch. its the same method on open source or ecutek. any extra features on open source (carberry rom for example) like anti lag etc have extra switches fitted somewhere to activate them.
Old 30 August 2017, 01:36 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Ignition on
Foot on the loud pedal
Press demister
Watch your cel light on dash ( should flash
7 times for high map
1 time for low map
Ecutek
Old 30 August 2017, 04:08 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze
Ignition on
Foot on the loud pedal
Press demister
Watch your cel light on dash ( should flash
7 times for high map
1 time for low map
Ecutek
Open source is the same, but I don't think the light flashes.
Old 30 August 2017, 04:50 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Just tried this on a 2002 Prodrive Bug STI (V7). Nowt flashed up. Will take it for a spin tmw and see what's what. I def remember Andy F mentioning something very similar and about LC and high/low boost settings. Totally forgot about it till this thread. As mentioned previously great tip for those unaware they had this capability or were never fully aware how it works 👍🏼