08 STI Hatch Engine Build Forge queries

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2017, 11:50 AM
Andy Stary
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 STI Hatch Engine Build Forge queries

Hi all,

I have recently acquired an 08 STI hatch that has engine issues and before I get that rectified am looking for advice from you guys on what best to do whilst everything is out.

I am looking to get around 380-400bhp from the car (heard its very expensive over 400 for ecu, turbo etc).

The engine will need to be fully rebuilt, whilst that gets done am I best going forged and if so can anyone recommend any stand out parts that are worth being put in.

Thanks a lot guys
Old 19 July 2017, 12:54 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

It really depends on budget and what damage is found when the engine is stripped. Do you know what the failure was?
Old 19 July 2017, 12:55 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Speak to ASperfomance mate, alyn is as honest as they come and stocks all the parts you'll need, also does all machine work necessary.
you won't find anywhere cheaper either.
Old 19 July 2017, 02:05 PM
Andy Stary
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for quick replies. Seller advised there was a problem with cylinder and has very low compression, smokes on start up. Budget wise not had inspected yet but looking at around £4k-£5k ideally but as Im not mechanically minded shall we say Id like to potentially source some of the parts etc and be involved to a degree.
Old 19 July 2017, 07:13 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Stary
Thanks for quick replies. Seller advised there was a problem with cylinder and has very low compression, smokes on start up. Budget wise not had inspected yet but looking at around £4k-£5k ideally but as Im not mechanically minded shall we say Id like to potentially source some of the parts etc and be involved to a degree.
you could get it sorted for that or you might find you need to double the budget.

Sounds like its dropped a ring land, which could mean block is scrap, heads damaged etc or could be your lucky and just needs bottom end and new pistons.

gonna be pot luck