Notices

Classic top mounts (at the rear)

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2017, 11:53 AM
Ash Webster
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Classic top mounts (at the rear)

It's been about 6 months since I worked on the car so I've forgotten a few things since I took my suspension off to refurb.

Should they spin? Mine don't. They don't have a bearing mechanism in so I'm a little confused how to line the top mount into the back of the car (into the 3 holes) when I have tightened the nut in the centre. Is it a case of putting spring compressors on and putting the top mount in place first then tightening the nut back up

Also another question r.e suspension. which side of the suspension is the bracket for the brake line. i.e when im sat facing the wheel which side of the damper is it on? left (closest to the rear of the car) or right(closer to the front of the car). cos im struggling to get the actual unit back in and im wondering if its cos its on the wrong side of the car.

Cheers for any info

Ash

(ps sorry ive been away ages I kinda bought a supersport bike )
Old 18 July 2017, 02:58 PM
Ash Webster
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never mind I figured it out One of the bolts on the top hat has an indent "4wd out" next to it. Line this up with the inside of the flange and it should line up fine.

As for my second point the bracket for the brake lines are on the rear side of the strut (closest to the rear of the car)