Notices

Vacuum pipe layout diagram required, heater pipe delete and breather simplification

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2017, 05:58 PM
RallyWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum pipe layout diagram required, heater pipe delete and breather simplification

Hi,

The cold air intake on my 2002 impreza has a split so taken the opportunity to strip the inlet manifold to replace it, and do a couple of other jobs as well while it was off ... mainly, I had some JDM tumbler bodies (without the butterflies and servos) and needed the turbo restrictor sealing by the MSA. Took pictures of vacuum pipework but not happy with the quality. I'm sure I can work it out but would prefer a diagram I can use to make sure everything goes back right?

Secondly, I want to strip the water pipework as much as possible as the car has no heater and the oil is air cooled, anyone done a delete for this unnecessary pipework? I hear I may need a non turbo water pump.

Thirdly, I fancy simplifying the crankcase and head breather system. Can both vent to air do these engines run as a vacuum or positive pressure?

thanks
Old 17 April 2017, 09:35 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...necessary.html
Old 17 April 2017, 10:49 PM
RallyWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Don, I should have done a search