Notices

Perrin turbo hose fitting guide?

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2017, 02:00 AM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Perrin turbo hose fitting guide?

Struggling to find anything decent. I'm looking to fit this to my widetrack STI tomorrow. I did find a video guide for a similar pipe but I must say I didn't like the way they squashed it down to shove it into place.

Am I better off loosening the manifold bolts to raise it a bit? If so, how many are there and where?

Should I just snap bits off the stock pipe to get it out?
Old 17 April 2017, 09:27 AM
Purdy1984
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They can be a pain I did it on my blob sti a few times. To get the old one out I did break the pipes which made it easier. To get the new one in I found some fairy liquid or some oil all over it worked a treat just clean it after it's in place. I didn't touch the manifold, good luck!
Old 17 April 2017, 03:54 PM
Whit80
Scooby Regular

Remove manifold
Old 19 April 2017, 06:02 PM
XPCobra
Scooby Regular

I fitted a perrin turbo intake hose to my 05 UK STI a few weeks ago, If I'm being completely honest it was a complete ball ache! (I'm a tech, so didn't expect this much bother!)

Broke the original hose up and removed it with the manifold still on, wasn't able to fit the new perrin hose as it just wouldn't sit properly, Removed the power steering pump for better access, threads going into the block stripped (seems a few have had this problem after searching on google) So had to helicoil the 3 block holes (inlet manifold, crank pulley, raidiator and a/c condensor removed to gain access)

ended up fitting 10mm thermal spacers to the block/manifold to make the hose sit nicer.

Also had to trim the hose at both ends (very disappointed with that!) to get it to sit properly, Still running standard vf35 and tmic, Had a perrin afta maf pipe fitted before hand that sat perfectly with original intake pipe.

If if I was ever doing this job again on another Subaru I would definitely remove the manifold complete and fit thermal inlet manifold spacers to give the hose more room and a nicer shape (pushed into a banjo bolt on the p/steering pump too much before spacers were fitted) Didn't want to risk damaging my new perrin hose as it's a sharp edge at banjo bolt. Also fitted another thermal gasket in between the manifold and throttle body whilst everything was in bits.

Last edited by XPCobra; 19 April 2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 19 April 2017, 07:20 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

http://perrinperformance.com/attachment/337561-.pdf
Old 23 April 2017, 09:18 AM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post #53 of this thread has a fantastic write up of fitting a silicone inlet pipe.

https://www.scoobynet.com/1043024-co...-bugeye-2.html