Notices

Competition Clutch and Hydraulic release bearing

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2017, 10:52 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Competition Clutch and Hydraulic release bearing

Complete long shot but does anyone run a Competition Clutch Twin plate with the RCM / AP racing Hydraulic release bearing?

The Hydraulic bearing that came with the clutch kit has recently failed and are virtually impossible to get hold of.

I bought an RCM / AP racing one as I am told they are pretty much universal but I'm having issues trying to get it to work. Clutch appears to be bleeding up fine but the clutch won't engage and I can't get the car into gear if the engine is started.

They are the same dimensions but I don't know if the throw length is longer on the CC.

Im just wondering if anyone is running the same combo to confirm whether they are compatible or not.

Taking the box on and off to experiment is a ball ache of a job to say the least.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited by dazdavies; 17 March 2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 17 March 2017, 09:31 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Not an answer to your question, but are you saying that the clutch release bearings are not universal for the twin plate clutches? Could explain why my pull style twin plate refuses to disengage
I've had new friction plates, had the flywheel checked and had the intermediary plate machined.. the only thing that is still the same is the cover plate...
Old 17 March 2017, 08:28 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

No, this is for a push type twin plate so completely different to your issue.

I've managed to get it working but I've had to adjust the rod that connects the master cylinder to the clutch to the point that there are a only a couple of threads engaged on the end of the rod. I'm really not comfortable with that.

So gearbox is currently off for the third time and I'm going to put a 10mm spacer behind the new release bearing. With that and the adjustment available on the rod I should just about get there.