Blob eye rear lights onto a bugeye

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2017, 06:34 PM
fingerscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blob eye rear lights onto a bugeye

Hi
I've had a look on here but can't find the answer, does anyone know if I can fit the blobeye sti rear lights to a bugeye wrx? I've read you may have to remove the black foam trim around the circular area on the blobeye light to fit but will I have to replace the whole rear bumper to get an exact fit?

Cheers
Old 07 March 2017, 06:47 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

i did mine years ago
You can just straight swap and off you go or do it properly by changing bumper and the brackets were the blob bit fits as they are DIFFRENT to the bug the blob bits won't fit totally flush but you can hardly tell if you straight swap over

Bugs don't have the blob bit

With a blob bumper and the two brackets that go under the lights for the bumper to mount on a straight flush
Old 07 March 2017, 07:07 PM
fingerscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Zany

I really appreciate the info , I may just go for the lights and not change the bumper that sounds like too much hassle and expense. They say the lights may stick out about 1cm at the bottom is that right?? Do you still have the bug? We are a dying breed mate but I love mine
Old 07 March 2017, 08:02 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Wish I'd never sold mine to be honest and I didn't even know what a s202 was never mind jdm till I joined this forum

They just stick out alittle near the bootlid mate but unless told you wouldn't notice
I just put mine straight on then after a little while got a good deal on the bumper with brackets in the right colour for bout £100