Notices

Classic window regulator

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2017, 09:02 PM
topshot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Classic window regulator

The drivers front window on my uk classic has started clunking/won't go all the way up without me lifting it. I guess some teeth have stripped on the regulator? How hard are these to remove/replace? Also I'm struggling to find a new one from the usual car parts places, are they dealer only?

Old 28 February 2017, 07:33 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not to bad to swap the whole mechanism over, just get a complete door from one of the breakers on here.

Only real issue is the window has to be most of the way down to access one of the bolts to remove the glass.

From memory, there's 2 bolts for the glass, 6 bolts hold the motor etc in place and 3 bolts on each of the guides. There's a bolt and small bracket on each of the guides that you don't want to remove, as they are the "stops" for the meachanism.
Old 28 February 2017, 10:04 PM
topshot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Not to bad to swap the whole mechanism over, just get a complete door from one of the breakers on here.

Only real issue is the window has to be most of the way down to access one of the bolts to remove the glass.

From memory, there's 2 bolts for the glass, 6 bolts hold the motor etc in place and 3 bolts on each of the guides. There's a bolt and small bracket on each of the guides that you don't want to remove, as they are the "stops" for the meachanism.
Thanks for the reply, bought a decent second hand one so will look forward to the fun of fitting it this weekend
Old 01 March 2017, 08:50 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

You may find it's the window guides anyway, they can come apart at the bottom.
Hint: stick some Dynamat or similar into the door while you have it all apart.