Notices

Milltek cat-back system fitting on a STI Hatchback ?

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2016, 01:21 PM
scoober101
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Milltek cat-back system fitting on a STI Hatchback ?

Can anyone confirm if the Milltek cat back system (part number SSXSB017) will fit a standard cat pipe or decat pipe?

I ask as their website says you have to fit their downpipe and sport cat but is this so it is 3" throughout?

I'm sure I read somewhere that Milltek change their flange arrangements to make it harder to mix/match parts.
Old 24 October 2016, 04:09 PM
MOTORS S GT
Scooby Regular

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I have fitted a few Milltek's to the STI Hatches, & only ever used the whole system including the downpipe, I think there downpipe join to the system is nowhere near the OE one.
Old 26 October 2016, 03:14 PM
scoober101
Scooby Regular

Update: I have been assured the cat back system WILL fit the standard OEM downpipe and cat OR a 'standard' decat downpipe.

The cat back system - part SSXSB017 - is designed to be a straight fit WITHOUT the need for their 3" downpipe and cat or 3" decat downpipe.

I can only guess if the centre pipe tapers to 2.75" to match the downpipe or it is still 3" and relies on the donut gasket to seal the joint and the flange has been designed to mate with the 2.75" flange.
Old 26 October 2016, 05:03 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scoober101
Update: I have been assured the cat back system WILL fit the standard OEM downpipe and cat OR a 'standard' decat downpipe.

The cat back system - part SSXSB017 - is designed to be a straight fit WITHOUT the need for their 3" downpipe and cat or 3" decat downpipe.

I can only guess if the centre pipe tapers to 2.75" to match the downpipe or it is still 3" and relies on the donut gasket to seal the joint and the flange has been designed to mate with the 2.75" flange.
Hi.. I'd offer to supply one for you as we're dealers..
Your PM box is full!
Old 27 October 2016, 11:27 AM
scoober101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
Hi.. I'd offer to supply one for you as we're dealers..
Your PM box is full!
Ah darn, I placed an order yesterday morning but thanks for the offer.
Old 06 November 2016, 09:29 PM
scoober101
Scooby Regular

I can confirm the Milltek Cat Back system (part number SSXSB017) will fit to the OEM downpipe and cat OR full length one piece decat downpipe. I purchased and installed a system on my 2008 STI Hatchback very recently

Linky for more info: https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...hatchback.html