Notices

super loud pipes newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2016, 08:18 AM
d.j.and80
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super loud pipes newbie

hi all - so yesterday after some searching i finally brought a 2002 WRX with a little bit of a secret history as to modifications. I test drove a number of cars before this one but they were totally standard and were wanting abit of power. Now i know my one has been tampered with as it flies but with no remap receipt of dyno data i cnt be sure exactly what.

now what i do know is it has the loudest pipes iv ever heard as its put a straight through turbo back 3" pipe and this really needs to go just because its getting to much attention and it makes me deaf haha.

So to the question - if i add back on the standard down and mid Cats and then get a cat back exhaust will this create to much back pressure on the turbo if its been mapped? I need to cats for MOT but i guess i could just pop those on to pass the pass the test so if i keep it Decat how is best to lower the noise level, maybe just replace the rear pipe to one with a resonator and then add on a proper back box?

trying to do the cheaper option thats best for the car overall

thanks all
Old 05 August 2016, 10:20 AM
ccsimpreza
Scooby Regular

If your thinking of doing that, it needs to be mapped at the same time. Way to much difference in flow to be on the same map.
Old 05 August 2016, 12:03 PM
d.j.and80
Scooby Newbie

That's what I thought. I didn't know if just adding on a back bis would settle the noise down without need for the remap. I guess it's never that simple though.
Old 08 August 2016, 06:59 PM
Rpschesterfield
Scooby Regular

Im after a middle section with no silencer for my 2003 wrx so im guessing your would fit.wanna sell or swap haha
Old 09 August 2016, 08:26 AM
d.j.and80
Scooby Newbie

im getting a rear box and centre pipe fitted hopefully this week - the rear pipe will be without the resonator (2nd hand) but if its still too loud il be in touch and see what we can come up with