Notices

fuel smell through heaters

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2016, 07:28 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default fuel smell through heaters

guys im getting a stink of fuel through the heaters every time i start the car. its quite strong to begin with then seems to dissapear after ticking over for 5 mins or so. i swapped out my scoobyworx fuel pump as it failed and put my original walbro back on until i find the time to fit the new pump darrel sent me. checked the pump etc and no leaks there under the back seat. the only the other thing i did was change the fuel filter when i was trying to find the fault with the pump. maybe i have put the fuel connections on wrong? put them on the same way as the old one i think. the connection with the arrow is fuel in i think? pic here:

Name:  SUNP0005_zpsfp7569x6.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  200.5 KB

when ticking over you can feel the fuel pulsing or throbbing through the pipe and i guessing thats normal? would the car run if it was the wrong way round? the car will be going in to a local garage i use but looking for ideas before it goes in. thanks for looking.
Old 03 August 2016, 03:34 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 03 August 2016, 03:53 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Have a look under the headers at the fuel pressure regulator. Mine had the same fuel smell issue which I finally tracked down to worn pipes to the fuel pressure reg that was dripping neat petrol onto the top of my engine! Eek.

Have a good look around with a torch to see what you can see when the car is running.
Old 03 August 2016, 07:06 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

wow! Eek. indeed! exactly my fear m8. fuel leak and hot engine dont go together well! def getting her in for a check over. meantime i bought a fire extinguisher for under the front seat just in case!