Easy (i would imagine) Up-Pipe answer needed

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2016, 06:07 PM
IVIike
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy (i would imagine) Up-Pipe answer needed

Hi,

i have a stock wrx 03, i know i need the up-pipe but i dont want the error codes until i can afford the re-map.

I am buying an sti up-pipe on the weekend from a local scrapper. as this is still a genuine manufacturers UP will it have the correct sensor ports needed to avoid the management light?

any thoughts welcome

Thanks
Old 11 June 2016, 07:34 PM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IVIike
Hi,

i have a stock wrx 03, i know i need the up-pipe but i dont want the error codes until i can afford the re-map.

I am buying an sti up-pipe on the weekend from a local scrapper. as this is still a genuine manufacturers UP will it have the correct sensor ports needed to avoid the management light?

any thoughts welcome

Thanks
The sti up pipe doesn't have a cat so doesn't have a hole for an O2 sensor. But you can trick the ecu into thinking everything is ok by following this thread:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...cs/8837?page=1

This is a mod I'm planning so I'd be really interested to hear how you get on.
Old 12 June 2016, 10:04 AM
IVIike
Scooby Regular

thanks Stuart, i have looked into this and spoken with my mechanic. he is aware of the resistor so i'm happy to have the work done with him.

the breaker i was due to buy the up pipe from failed to get it off the car in time so i will be collecting on Monday now. i will be getting it fitted hopefully in the week as i blew a whole in my main rad rubber pipe so have ordered a silicone coolant hose kit from heavyset and when that arrives i will get both the up-pipe and new coolant pipes fitted. i am hopeful that i will get the improved spool and the coolant leak being fixed may add a smidge of power too.

i will be sure to drop an update once its all fitted, hopefully all will be done by this time next week.

once this is done then after a bit of saving im looking at sports cat downpipe with second cat delete and remap so i guess i need at least £800 for this. i am also interested if any one has recommendations for sports cat downpipes which might be cheaper but still reliable. makers such as cobb and scorpion are a bit on the steep side...
Old 13 June 2016, 06:08 PM
IVIike
Scooby Regular

Default update

hi Stuart, just an update which you/others may find useful. I have collected the STI up-pipe, not 1 single sensor port which is worrying but i believe the 2.2k 1/2 what ohm resistors will stop any engine codes.

just waiting for the new gaskets (to and bottom of up-pipe) didn't get a down pipe gasket but i think i should have really :S will see what the mechanics think. also got an order in for 10 pack of resistors and my new silicone hose set so hope to have everything installed by the end of the week dependant on if the mechanics say i need a DP gasket, this could slow down progress.

watch this space...
Old 25 June 2016, 10:38 AM
IVIike
Scooby Regular

all work now done, up-pipe installed, new coolant lines installed car is happy. resistor sorted the engine light out and car feels a little sharper at the low rpm range. i am sure with a re-map it would be a healthy little upgrade. highly recommended!