Notices

First time WRX owner with a query regarding tuning/mapping & BOV's

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2016, 08:47 PM
Rustym
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time WRX owner with a query regarding tuning/mapping & BOV's

I have recently purchased a Bugeye WRX, it was advertised as a standard car but when I went to view it there was a stainless exhaust and baileys BOV fitted.

Before picking the car up I did a bit of reading and found that the general opinion was that BOV's are not good for an impreza due to the MAF measuring air that isn't then entering the engine. After picking the car up I sourced a standard re-circ valve and swapped them over. I can't say I noticed any difference in the car but I didn't know how it drove very well by then so I wasn't surprised.

Now, on further inspection I have found the car also has an aftermarket downpipe with (i think) a sports cat and a K & N panel filter which has left me wondering if the car has been mapped and have I made a mistake removing the dump valve if the car was mapped with it on? If the car was mapped with the dump valve on my limited knowledge leads me to think the car would run lean after gear changes due to getting more air then it expects?

I appreciate the best way to find out for sure if the car is mapped is on a rolling road which I am looking into but in the mean time is there any way I can find out if the car has been remapped? I have an OBD tool which displays A/F ratio and (i think) boost which I am going to go and check now and will report back my findings.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
Old 24 May 2016, 09:05 PM
rb5 stu
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A dump valve cant be mapped for so it doesnt matter whats on it. The standard are usually best. A panel filter doesnt require mapped either. Have you a pic of the downpipe?

Last edited by rb5 stu; 24 May 2016 at 09:07 PM.