Notices

weird noise at high revs on my 95 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2016, 06:21 AM
1995wrximport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird noise at high revs on my 95 wrx

Hi guys not posted in a while but have been on here checking up quite regularly .
I'll start from the beginning. My car had been blowing from the up pipe for quite some time . I originally thought it was the gasket between the up pipe and the turbo so ordered a set of genuine gaskets to sort this .I also got a 3" decat downpipe to install while it was all going to be apart . I ended up taking the turbo of to get the up pipe of as the bolts were knakered joining them. This is when I realised it was the actual up pipe that was blowing and not the gasket . Now I needed the car back on the road so I decided to fabricate ad up pipe myself out of 2" exhaust tubing. It all fitted well and I got it all bolted back together . I started it up and there was no more blowing jus a slight ratting noise from which sounds like inside the downpipe which from what I've read could be the wastegate shaft needs tightening a little . Now I take it for a drive and all is well until I floor it up to near redline and at around 5500 to redline it sounds like a tractor noise then change gear the noise goes then comes back at high revs again. The car is completely standard apart from the exhaust system which is 3" into 2.5.
Anyone got any idea please. Sorry for the long essay also .
Cheers Jon
Old 21 February 2016, 09:34 AM
1995wrximport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Solved the 3 bolts on manifold wernt tightened right up