Notices

Anyone have a Recaro Monza Nova IS Carseat

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2016, 04:40 PM
jonnyboy82
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone have a Recaro Monza Nova IS Carseat

Looking at getting this car seat for my boy but on the recaro website it does not list the 05 blob widetrack to check if it fits. Just wanted to know if anyone has the Recaro Monza Nova IS or the Recaro Monza Nova 2?
Old 19 February 2016, 05:01 PM
Benji554
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will you be using isofix or using your seat belt to fit it? I'm not too familiar with the monza but I have the Recaro Young Sport (the basic design looks similar) and to be honest I'm not impressed. It looks good but it's not a good design if you are using the original seat belt. I would recommend going to somewhere like Halfords where you can sit your little one in them and try it in your car. If you are using the original seat belt take a look at Maxi Cosi. I had a Maxi Cosi Axis previously and that is a brilliant design with a Rachet at the back which the original belt feeds through for a really secure fit. It also rotated 90 degrees to make easy to strap your little one in. Hope this helps? Don't wrongly assume like I did that because Recaro make great adult seats their kids ones are too!

Last edited by Benji554; 19 February 2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 20 February 2016, 05:35 PM
jonnyboy82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Benji554
Will you be using isofix or using your seat belt to fit it? I'm not too familiar with the monza but I have the Recaro Young Sport (the basic design looks similar) and to be honest I'm not impressed. It looks good but it's not a good design if you are using the original seat belt. I would recommend going to somewhere like Halfords where you can sit your little one in them and try it in your car. If you are using the original seat belt take a look at Maxi Cosi. I had a Maxi Cosi Axis previously and that is a brilliant design with a Rachet at the back which the original belt feeds through for a really secure fit. It also rotated 90 degrees to make easy to strap your little one in. Hope this helps? Don't wrongly assume like I did that because Recaro make great adult seats their kids ones are too!
Thanks for your help mate. I currently have a maxi cosi with isofix but he has grown out that so I am looking for a forward facing replacement now he's 9kgs plus. I did see the recaro monza nova IS today and I agree the build quality looks pants compared to the maxi cosi ones. So I think I will go for one of them instead. Bit dissapointed tbh with recaro I would have expected more!
Old 20 February 2016, 06:56 PM
bro82
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one, I'm using it in Scooby with seat belt as I've got bo iso in my SpecC, but in my wifes car is fitted using iso, my boy like it, especially speakers in the headrest so he can plug in my phone and watch cartoons
Old 21 February 2016, 08:56 AM
jonnyboy82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bro82
I have one, I'm using it in Scooby with seat belt as I've got bo iso in my SpecC, but in my wifes car is fitted using iso, my boy like it, especially speakers in the headrest so he can plug in my phone and watch cartoons
Which one do you have buddy and is yours a blob?