Notices

HELP - Clutch being weird.....

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2016, 10:35 AM
harrisonl84
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - Clutch being weird.....

Hi guys, I had my clutch done about a 1000 miles ago or so but this irrelevant as i have the same problem as before they changed it. Basically i replaced my old burnt out clutch and replaced with an exedy organic clutch. Problem is even before i had it changed if i drove pretty hard as i go to change gear the clutch wants to stick down a bit and not return to its normal position, since having it done the cars not really been on the road but is now and is still doing this so cant take back to the garage

Does anyone know what this is? is it a cable issue as clutch is perfect apart from that?
Old 04 February 2016, 10:35 AM
harrisonl84
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harrisonl84
Hi guys, I had my clutch done about a 1000 miles ago or so but this irrelevant as i have the same problem as before they changed it. Basically i replaced my old burnt out clutch and replaced with an exedy organic clutch. Problem is even before i had it changed if i drove pretty hard as i go to change gear the clutch wants to stick down a bit and not return to its normal position, since having it done the cars not really been on the road but is now and is still doing this so cant take back to the garage

Does anyone know what this is? is it a cable issue as clutch is perfect apart from that?
its a 97 by the way
Old 04 February 2016, 10:52 AM
Nick_Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the same problem on a MY97 (as others have). I didn't get round to sorting it before getting rid of the car but see:

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...tch-pedal.html