Notices

Dump Valves and Smooth Running

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2016, 04:42 PM
DaveGB270
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dump Valves and Smooth Running

So....I bought my GB270 a few weeks ago and have been getting to know it, and made a couple observations.

1. With a neutral throttle in 1'st, 2'nd, 3'rd at cruising pace in traffic she would be jerky and behave like you were stabbing the throttle.

2. Boost would come in right on schedule, get up to 4 or 5k and then splutter and then come back at full whack....did it in all gears.

The only mods it has are a cone air filter, a Forge Dump Valve and an aftermarket exhaust.

Today, thanks to Scott at Scooby Spares i set to the task of removing the Forge dump valve. What a pain in the **** it is to remove the bung and get the hose clamp back on. My poor hands are ruined but it was eventually done, and the stock recirc valve reinstated.

Time for a test run methinks, so off i set down the road. Hangon a minute, whose car is this? This sure as hell isn't mine....she's silky smooth in traffic and boosting hard all the way to redline. What a difference a simple thing like a dump valve can make to the running of a car. Totally and far more pleasant drive now, no more rage in traffic jams!
Old 02 February 2016, 05:47 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

This HAS to be a wind-up? After all, we've had numerous know-alls, sorry, upright folk, on here telling us it cannot be so?
Old 02 February 2016, 05:53 PM
DaveGB270
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to the forum....but it is without doubt vastly improved, i'm not technical but it is definitely not just me wanting it to be so it has actually happened.