Notices

DV sound continually different, normal?

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2015, 12:36 AM
Raceface_13
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DV sound continually different, normal?

Hey guys, sorry if this is a mega noob question,
basically iv recently brought a blobeye wrx with ppp and a gfb dump valve. It seems to make a different sound nearly everytime. Sometimes not a sound atall. Itll be short PSSH and somtimes long PSSSSSSH. Even if i shift the same at the same rpm and speed. Does the dv need cleaning/greasing or somthing? iv done some searching but can only find threads about different DV's and not and answer to my question.
Any input would be appreciated
Old 19 December 2015, 08:27 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Hi I had a gfb on mine it had hard/soft setting aswell as being vent to atmosphere/recirculate to be honest waste of time I got myself the standard part and the drive went so much better as if the car was running a lot more happier and smoother, up to you really if it's not causing you any issues leave it don't fix want ain't broken or go back to std try it pal if you got the original part you might just like it
Old 19 December 2015, 09:33 AM
bugeyedom
Scooby Regular

Ive got a forge vent to atmosphere on my bug which i swore blind was broke, would only sometimes work etc took apart cleaned and re-greased and ever since no problems with it atall
Old 19 December 2015, 10:41 AM
Raceface_13
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZANY
Hi I had a gfb on mine it had hard/soft setting aswell as being vent to atmosphere/recircu. late to be honest waste of time I got myself the standard part and the drive went so much better as if the car was running a lot more happier and smoother, up to you really if it's not causing you any issues leave it don't fix want ain't broken or go back to std try it pal if you got the original part you might just like it
Unfortunately i dont have the standard one as the gfb one came on the car. Mines the same recirc/vta hard/soft gunna keep my eye open for a new dv or oem

Originally Posted by bugeyedom
Ive got a forge vent to atmosphere on my bug which i swore blind was broke, would only sometimes work etc took apart cleaned and re-greased and ever since no problems with it atall
There might be some hope then lol. Will clean it and see how it goes and keep my eyes open for a new one i think
Old 20 December 2015, 03:33 AM
wrx-9rr
Scooby Newbie

Just give it a clean and lube the piston with some engine oil and it should be good to go.
Old 20 December 2015, 04:05 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Best noise of a vta is the noise of the bin lid closing after its been filed in there.
Old 20 December 2015, 04:40 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by **jay**
Best noise of a vta is the noise of the bin lid closing after its been filed in there.
Old 24 December 2015, 08:39 AM
Raceface_13
Scooby Regular

Just to complete the thread. I took it all apart and cleaned it, oiled it usinga dab of engine oil and it worked great.... for 3days and now doing it again. After crimbo will be getting a recirc or oem dv. Thanks again guys
Old 24 December 2015, 09:02 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Raceface_13
Just to complete the thread. I took it all apart and cleaned it, oiled it usinga dab of engine oil and it worked great.... for 3days and now doing it again. After crimbo will be getting a recirc or oem dv. Thanks again guys