help required to find out what model type i have please

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2015, 10:23 PM
scoobsneejim
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile help required to find out what model type i have please

Hi im jim a newbie,
Thanks for the add peeps, this is where im going to sound like a complete #%tard!, well actually i am a bit,probably,yes definatly, i bought my first ever scoob in august just gone, for two grand, she needed a little tlc but for 2k its expected,
Well she is an L-reg 1994 jdm import in mica black with a red pearl,sparkle paint,5dr sedan, the problems started with no heat from heater since found out why after re connecting pipework and giving the missis a foot spa! Dunno why that annoid her,the mot fail,on broken coil springs,three tyres i knew about,handbrake shoes etc etc,well ive sorted out thoses bits,then clutch went pop,well throw out bearing seized on input shaft and wrecked stuff,this is where fun begins,wife found socalled mechanic tocarry out work,i purchased stage 3? Fast road/ race clutch kit,he fitted when i collected the car five days later, fuel tank dryer than a nuns chuff!, battery flatter than a witches tit,broken/split turbo up pipe,manual boost controller wound right out, grub screw gone!,new bolts in turbo to exhaust,intervooler perched on the bits its supposed to be connected to,no boost till 4000rpm and 5000rpm coighing and popong like a polecat,engine check light on , no i dont know where boost control was set ,or how to set her up correctly,oh and ticks over just about and sounds a little like an old vw beetle, a local tunner scooby exeprt asked what model i havmt a clue hear is applied modle code GC8A48D. ENGINE CODE EJ20GD1WHE trans code. TY752VB3AA he said 2.0ltr turbo, closed deck,forged top end and group n spec rally box. This point i said your smoking somthing pal,and politly told him leave my id rather someone with a brain cell at subaru dealer tell me, and they did they said type uk am i just somesort of c#%t or are thry thanks for your time and any help would be most acceptable, and on that note ill get myself of home cheers jim::
Old 26 October 2015, 10:43 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

MY93 WRX
BIN the MBC and put the pipe work back to standard.
Yes it's a cdb. Forged top end? Not heard of that one?
Not sure what the rest of your post says tbh?
Old 26 October 2015, 11:29 PM
scoobsneejim
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply, oh so she does have a fully closed deck, thats a promising start, i will be removing the boost controller,and manual fuel cut defender thing too, im putting the air con belt back in as there wasnt one plus tensioner for it and pipe also, the spark plugs seem to be wired up oddly well individually as cant seem to find coil pack? Yeah sorry about forged bit apparently the pistons,rings,con rods etc are all forged according to tge old owner as its a red top engine??? I truely dont know, and gearbox is also apparently group n spec 5spd man short ratio againnot sure if true or not he also claimed she is 350bhp or more all be it she is very quick but i dont know if that quick a chap called scoobytalks on you tube has couple of vids of her, if im honezt im just trying to her straight and look after her she is getting there, but with odd finds on the way thanks afain for reply its appreciated
Old 26 October 2015, 11:48 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Gearbox code is from standard 5 speed.
Individual coil packs standard on your car.
Aircon belt probably removed due to broken pump?
Has it got red inlet manifold? Could have been painted,might not be original engine,might be forged but no way to tell. To be sure it's a cdb check for cross hatch marks.
Do a search on here,,loads of good info

Last edited by ossett2k2; 26 October 2015 at 11:50 PM.