Notices

Need advice on propshafts please

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2015, 05:53 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Need advice on propshafts please

Hi guys, I bought a propshaft, well it's not going good for me on such a simple parts.
First off I bought one of Bart rokko off Facebook as no one wants to sell them on their own, and the UJ's turned out to be fecked, so PayPal claim going through for refund.
Now bought another one off gradeA Subaru off eBay, and fitted today and turns out to be a auto one I think but didn't realise at first it does look different to a normal 6 speed manual one.
Now if it's an auto one, is it off a classic or newage?
It didn't tell me in listing that it was off an auto etc but definitely not off a manual 6 speed.
Now I've fitted it and it don't sit correct IMO, it's got a slight upwards slant in it going towards gearbox and the rear prop near diff sits right onto cover of diff end plate cover thingy (like a shield that covers rear part of diff)
So looking at it, it's not that straight as it should be.
Now what do I do as this is 2nd prop I've been shafted on. I know they are common to be used but it's not ideal if it's not straight.

Quote from David API
Sometimes you can use the auto prop, but some of the centre bearing supports are off centre which puts an angle in the driveline. Not ideal. The line from gearbox tail to diff flange needs to be as straight as possible.

I didn't take any pics of this sorry to show you but hopefully you get what I mean.
Pic of prop though

Name:  229f81319791071e01b6cc03ecdd72ef_zpsysofwxud.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  446.4 KB

Now I think I need a proper 6 speed manual propshaft again as ideally I'd like to keep it straight as possible (if anyone got one give me a shout)
Old 04 October 2015, 10:16 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Anyone else fitted a auto prop?