Immolibiser issue?

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2015, 09:51 AM
acemodder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immolibiser issue?

Hi guys.

I have not driven my Hawkeye Impreza for a few months, and the battery died, it would not recharge, so I bought a new battery fitted it - all good I thought.

The car unlocked with the remote key fob, got in the car, tried to start it and it wouldn't start (ignition electrics can on but the engine wouldnt start up)

I thought maybe it was the immobiliser, so I pulled the keypad down, and thought... "ermm whats the code..." I looked at my alarm manual and it said to change the code type in **1234 then **92 and then **XXXX for your new code you want. This seems to have messed the car alarm immobilser up - I found out after doing this that my code was not 1234 and that was just an example in the book. I have my code but the keypad doesnt even register any key presses with the LED light now... soi cannot seem to fix it.

Now my key doesn't seem to do anything at all. (central locking now wont work) nd even turning the key wont start up the electrics, no radio, no nothing.

I really dont have a clue how to fix this now! Any ideas?
Old 11 June 2015, 04:57 PM
acemodder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found out the problem.... new battery was dead too...

Jump started with another battery fine, so I am swapping the Battery later at halfords.