99 import wagon wrx engine into a bugeye wrx

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2015, 12:18 AM
Anderj26
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 import wagon wrx engine into a bugeye wrx

Hello,

Been searching on google and through the forums for a while now looking for an answer but had no joy.

My 51plate bugeye/blob wrx has a rattle in the engine. It started off very faint and it would go away after a while when engine got hot but now it is alot worse!

So i managed to buy a import wagon wrx for cheap as a non runner and fixed it straight away after replacing the key fob battery. There is proof of the engine rebuild and various other work in a folder full of paper work for the car in the last few years.

Now i have the engine already out of my bug and it is all stripped down of ancillaries!

First thing is the manifolds are different as the bug has a staggered inlet and the wagon has a straight bolt pattern inlet so i will have to swap my heads onto that engine.

I am going to order a complete gasket kit for the engine but unsure of what head gasket size!

Can anyone shed some light on what size i would need. Going to go with a decent make of head gasket and put in a new uprated clutch at the same time as i will be getting more power out of it as soon as its running again properly again!

Both engines have individual coil packs and a few other similarities but i will just have to combine the two but dont want to start stripping the import wagon in case its no use.

Thanks

James
Old 11 June 2015, 06:04 PM
Anderj26
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think i have found the problem after stripping down the engine. Both heads look perfect and look very good. No wear on the cams or anything!

I will get them skimmed and pressure teated just to be safe but still needing the correct size of headgasket.

Thanks