Notices

sender for digital temperature gauge

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2015, 05:43 PM
dal c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sender for digital temperature gauge

Can anyone help me,i have installed a digital temperature gauge and cant sus out where the wire with the sensor on goes ,can i just connect the wire to the sensor behind the alternator or do i have to put the sensor in as well,its on my 05 blob wrx, hope that makes some sort of sense.
Old 30 May 2015, 10:20 PM
matthewn
Scooby Regular

youll need to replace original sensor with the new one, most of us get a adaptor (ebay) that lets you fit both so you dont get any fault lights. anyway what are you fitting temp or pressure as one behind alternator is pressure , if your fitting temp sensor for oil you put it in blank plug on 3rd cylinder top left , youll see a blank plug with a allen key head normally and you undo that and put your sensor there, thats if your installing oil temp sensor. you need to be abit clearer on what you want to achieve .
Old 31 May 2015, 09:48 AM
dal c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matthewn
youll need to replace original sensor with the new one, most of us get a adaptor (ebay) that lets you fit both so you dont get any fault lights. anyway what are you fitting temp or pressure as one behind alternator is pressure , if your fitting temp sensor for oil you put it in blank plug on 3rd cylinder top left , youll see a blank plug with a allen key head normally and you undo that and put your sensor there, thats if your installing oil temp sensor. you need to be abit clearer on what you want to achieve .
its a digital water temp gauge ,what is the adaptor that you can get of ebay,thanks
Old 31 May 2015, 10:28 AM
matthewn
Scooby Regular

if its a water temp sensor you need a adaptor that fits on the left side big water radiator pipe or where ever you have your large water hose, you cut a piece out and fit the adaptor, if you search water temp adaptor youll see what you need. it will have a port where you screw your sensor in.
Old 31 May 2015, 11:42 AM
dal c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matthewn
if its a water temp sensor you need a adaptor that fits on the left side big water radiator pipe or where ever you have your large water hose, you cut a piece out and fit the adaptor, if you search water temp adaptor youll see what you need. it will have a port where you screw your sensor in.
many thanks mate ive just found what you mean,so i will get it ordered