04 wrx cat / downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2015, 03:43 PM
scoobie007
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 wrx cat / downpipe

Hey guys,

Hoping you can help a guy out in a bit of a pickle.

Right, so my bugeye 54 plate wrx (uk non sti) is in need of a new cat downpipe, its a daily driver / family car, so not looking for a decatted downpipe. Problem is, i cant seem to identify which one i need. Ive looked on ebay and various breaker pages, they generally all say fits the newage blobeye / bugeye varients, but looking at the pictures, their all different lol, so some obviously wont fit, and i dont want to get the wrong one. Ive asked the sellers of the items, but no one has replied to me.

So i was hoping you guys could help me out, will a downpipe from say the earlier bugeye, fit my blobeye, or is each year a unique fit?. Im running a standard exhaust system, apart from ive had the second cat after the downpipe removed, and im running a prodrive backbox, all direct replacements for the original parts, so nothing out of the ordinary.

Hope you guys can help, cheers, Andy :-)

Last edited by scoobie007; 30 May 2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01 June 2015, 04:50 PM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

bug/blob will be the same, hawks are a little different. Sometimes you see them in 2 parts, some aftermarkets are both parts together in one pipe.

Something like this:

Would replace your downpipe primary cat and the rear cat. Or you can go for a prodrive one:

and then either stick with your existing rear cat or ideally replace it with the decat pipe

That's the prodrive cat again on the left and the second cat delete on the right.

And 2nd cat delete on it's own:

Sometimes the prodrive cats have a little divider in the bell mouth/turbo end of the pipe that sticks out and it needs ground back a little to help it mate up nicely to the TD04.