Notices

Sigma alarm siten not working

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2015, 02:41 PM
Benscarwrx
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma alarm siten not working

Hi got a standard alarm on my Subaru impreza WRX year 2000 and My siren is not working but everything else does took alarm apart shorted out for batt for five seconds but no joy (thats to easy) think its a m30 alarm? Help me!! Do i need a new siren??

Last edited by Benscarwrx; 19 April 2015 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Its a bugeye
Old 20 April 2015, 08:54 PM
merlin24
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you disconnect the siren from the alarm harness before shorting the back up battery in the siren to re-sync the alarm and siren ?

Water ingress into the siren circuit board is the usual reason for failure of the siren.

Have you set the alarm and then triggered it by opening a door/bonnet etc to see if the siren is working ?

Mick
Old 21 April 2015, 07:20 PM
Benscarwrx
Scooby Newbie

Default Sigma alarm siren

Hi, thank u for replying!
yes i had it disconnected from the main alarm ecu, i spliced cut the wires! (cut the wires individually one at a time) under scuttle panel were siren is, had the siren on a work bench, took the siren apart and inside is dry and clean battery inside alarm has no 'furring up' (green corrosion!) shorted battery out for 5 seconds (as sigma sam forum said!) reconnected siren and tested siren/alarm with the bonnet open, alarm activated within Several seconds as normal but no noise! Tried again (shorting out procedure) but to have no luck!
battery in siren is ok tested with my electrical continuity testers and got a reading of 12v as 12V is the lowest reading on my testers i assume it has the nine 9v, new car battery changed a yr ago as existing battery was going flat which I have been told can be the cause of the siren to stop working or syncing with alarm ECU?
Ben.
Old 21 April 2015, 08:27 PM
merlin24
Scooby Regular

If you arm and disarm the alarm and then using the keypad enter *17856*000*1#
This activates the arm/disarm indication tone ( bleeps from the siren ) - if you don't have any bleeps then the siren is kippered.

One last check you can do is to trigger the alarm and see if you actually have a voltage output from the alarm unit at the siren.
If you have, then the siren is kippered.

Mick
Old 22 April 2015, 12:54 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

I am having the same issue at the moment so this has been a help to me too thanks.
Old 25 April 2015, 02:50 PM
Benscarwrx
Scooby Newbie

Default Siren not working

Hi mate, me again, just confirmed that siren is kerputt!? Connected the siren back up and entered the code as on the 'sigma alarm code site'.....the code u gave me for sum reason had one to many zero's?....
I have also entered a code that tells you if things are activated or de-activated by flash's on the dash board LED!, And i get two flash's witch means siren bleeps are on! But again still no sound from siren ...so i assume the siren is kipperd as u stated! (Lol)
Also... Iam trying to activate auto arm and door lock but it hasn't worked!??
Again i have enterd that code that tells you if things are activated or not, and get two flash's (on) and it doesn't work? any idea why auto-arm and door lock don't work??? I assume it should arm and lock doors automatically after 60secs?...
Key pad works as i have activated the 'anti hi-jack feature' (doors automatically lock when ignition is turnd on! As i have a 2yr old nephew and likes to fiddle!)
Thanks ben
Old 25 April 2015, 02:52 PM
Benscarwrx
Scooby Newbie

Default Siren not working

Hi mate did u get siren going?? I diddnt mines nackerd!

Ben
Old 04 August 2017, 05:35 PM
Gavpo
Scooby Regular

Default Had same problem with mine

Originally Posted by Benscarwrx
Hi mate did u get siren going?? I diddnt mines nackerd!

Ben
found zener diode gone inside siren. Replaced and now siren works again. The diode is one of two surface mount ones right next to the 4 way connector. Part cost 9p from maplin
Old 04 August 2017, 07:19 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Good stuff Gavpo.
Old 19 May 2019, 09:41 AM
mus1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gavpo
found zener diode gone inside siren. Replaced and now siren works again. The diode is one of two surface mount ones right next to the 4 way connector. Part cost 9p from maplin
Hi Gavpo

I have an issue with no sound, i get sound when connecting a normal 9v battery but then it won't stop even after switching alarm off via the fob.

How did you check the diodes ??