ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Sigma alarm siten not working (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1023376-sigma-alarm-siten-not-working.html)

Benscarwrx 19 April 2015 02:41 PM

Sigma alarm siten not working

Hi got a standard alarm on my Subaru impreza WRX year 2000 and My siren is not working but everything else does took alarm apart shorted out for batt for five seconds but no joy (thats to easy) think its a m30 alarm? Help me!! Do i need a new siren??

merlin24 20 April 2015 08:54 PM

Did you disconnect the siren from the alarm harness before shorting the back up battery in the siren to re-sync the alarm and siren ?

Water ingress into the siren circuit board is the usual reason for failure of the siren.

Have you set the alarm and then triggered it by opening a door/bonnet etc to see if the siren is working ?

Mick

Benscarwrx 21 April 2015 07:20 PM

Sigma alarm siren

Hi, thank u for replying!
yes i had it disconnected from the main alarm ecu, i spliced cut the wires! (cut the wires individually one at a time) under scuttle panel were siren is, had the siren on a work bench, took the siren apart and inside is dry and clean battery inside alarm has no 'furring up' (green corrosion!) shorted battery out for 5 seconds (as sigma sam forum said!) reconnected siren and tested siren/alarm with the bonnet open, alarm activated within Several seconds as normal but no noise! Tried again (shorting out procedure) but to have no luck!
battery in siren is ok tested with my electrical continuity testers and got a reading of 12v as 12V is the lowest reading on my testers i assume it has the nine 9v, new car battery changed a yr ago as existing battery was going flat which I have been told can be the cause of the siren to stop working or syncing with alarm ECU?
Ben.

merlin24 21 April 2015 08:27 PM

If you arm and disarm the alarm and then using the keypad enter *17856*000*1#
This activates the arm/disarm indication tone ( bleeps from the siren ) - if you don't have any bleeps then the siren is kippered.

One last check you can do is to trigger the alarm and see if you actually have a voltage output from the alarm unit at the siren.
If you have, then the siren is kippered.

Mick

Ash 22 April 2015 12:54 PM

I am having the same issue at the moment so this has been a help to me too thanks.

Benscarwrx 25 April 2015 02:50 PM

Siren not working

Hi mate, me again, just confirmed that siren is kerputt!? Connected the siren back up and entered the code as on the 'sigma alarm code site'.....the code u gave me for sum reason had one to many zero's?....
I have also entered a code that tells you if things are activated or de-activated by flash's on the dash board LED!, And i get two flash's witch means siren bleeps are on! But again still no sound from siren ...so i assume the siren is kipperd as u stated! (Lol)
Also... Iam trying to activate auto arm and door lock but it hasn't worked!??
Again i have enterd that code that tells you if things are activated or not, and get two flash's (on) and it doesn't work? any idea why auto-arm and door lock don't work??? I assume it should arm and lock doors automatically after 60secs?...
Key pad works as i have activated the 'anti hi-jack feature' (doors automatically lock when ignition is turnd on! As i have a 2yr old nephew and likes to fiddle!)
Thanks ben

Benscarwrx 25 April 2015 02:52 PM

Siren not working

Hi mate did u get siren going?? I diddnt mines nackerd!

Ben

Gavpo 04 August 2017 05:35 PM

Had same problem with mine

Originally Posted by Benscarwrx (Post 11670810)
Hi mate did u get siren going?? I diddnt mines nackerd!

Ben

found zener diode gone inside siren. Replaced and now siren works again. The diode is one of two surface mount ones right next to the 4 way connector. Part cost 9p from maplin

johned 04 August 2017 07:19 PM

Good stuff Gavpo.

mus1 19 May 2019 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Gavpo (Post 11957510)
found zener diode gone inside siren. Replaced and now siren works again. The diode is one of two surface mount ones right next to the 4 way connector. Part cost 9p from maplin

Hi Gavpo

I have an issue with no sound, i get sound when connecting a normal 9v battery but then it won't stop even after switching alarm off via the fob.

How did you check the diodes ??