Notices

Warning Lights, and front lambda sensor??

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2015, 02:09 PM
Dazw101
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning Lights, and front lambda sensor??

Hi All,

Very new to all this sort of thing, forums and all.

Just picked up my 08 WRX from the garage after a service and they cant reset the warning lights, ie the engine management, traction control and the flashing cruise control.

Apparently its the front bank lambda sensor.
On searching the websites, do I just need a four wire bog standard sensor that looks like its plug and play?

Oh and any pointers on the stereo system since putting a new battery on wont eject or play CDs.Big hammer???

Many thanks.
Old 26 March 2015, 05:49 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Surely the lambda would only cause the engine check light to come on? Seems odd the other lights would come on although I have no experience post Hawk models.

The lambda has to be the right one. You shouldn't just fit one that fits with the right amount of wires.

To give you an idea I just replaced the lambda on a 2006 R Sport and Subaru quoted £200 + VAT for the sensor. A quick search of the net on opposed forces found that the Subaru part number 22641AA381 reffers to a Denso sensor number dox-0308 I found a genuine new Denso dox-0308 on Opie Oils via ebay for £89.45 inc VAT and delivery. Fitted it and used a code reader (£10 on ebay) to delete the error code. Problem solved for less then £110 (I had to buy a £10 lambda socket too).

Subaru buy their sensors from companies liked Denso so you are getting the exact same part in a different box. But be sure that it is the right one and not a unbranded ebay special for £40 or something as it will be generic and won't give the right readings to the ECU.

I would imagine that your lambda will be a different model then mine but hopefully that gives you an idea. You can look up how to test Lambda's if you are handy with a multi meter.

Also I found that all of a sudden after 9 years dealing with one Subaru dealer they now won't give out part numbers. That was fine as I told the bloke that I would look it up on the net and never buy parts from them again... thanks Subaru forget the £1000's I have brought in over priced parts over the years. They take the **** when they are asking over 200% the price for something for putting it in a Subaru box.

I have even found what I think is the right page on opposed forces but please double check before buying anything.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/impre...llustration_1/

Last edited by FMJ; 26 March 2015 at 05:51 PM.