Notices

about to order exhaust upgrade parts.. good choice?

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2015, 02:04 PM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default about to order exhaust upgrade parts.. good choice?

Ok just want a few thoughts before I go and order a few bits to start upgrading my newly bought my00 ukt2000.

Overall, i'm only going to be shooting for a very responsive 300ish hp car on a td04 hybrid billet turbo.

where exhausts are concerned ive read a lot but theres conflicting articles, stuff like bigger bore is always better, then some are saying when only going for low numbers 2.5 is better.

I already have a 2.5" stainless from the cat back, so I was going to get a 2.5" stainless decat downpipe with a wide bell mouth entry and heat wrap it.
Can you comment on this where the 2.5" and 3" bore is concerned? is bigger always better or 2.5 better on this car going for responsiveness. There is also a widemouth de cat pipe which is 3" entry but drops to 2.5" so thi would still fit my current de cat system.

Also ive been talking with AS performance who distribute the Harvey trick up pipes and ported/polished oem headers. after a little reading, all seems good on the up pipe point of view but theres a few mixed comments where the ported oem headers are concerned? So over all im probably leaning towards just the matched/wrapped trick up pipe and leaving the headers completely stock but just wrapping them, or is it really worth the outlay for the ported/flowed headers? Oh and obviously changing out all the exhaust gaskets just for good measure.

So to summarise... 2.5" full decat straight through system with 3" bellmouth entry, stock headers with heatwrap, and a Harvey trick up pipe, new gaskets all round.... yay or nay. just looking to get the very best out of it where response is concerned really. many thanks, Aaron.