Notices

P1307 & P109 fault codes

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2015, 12:39 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P1307 - OCV SOLENOID VALVE SIGNAL A CIRCUIT SHORT (BANK 1)

P1309 - OCV SOLENOID VALVE SIGNAL A CIRCUIT SHORT (BANK 2)

I've recently been doing work to the car such as fuel lines and rails, sorting vac lines etc which required the inlet to be removed amongst other jobs.

Since putting the car back together I've got these 2 fault codes showing up. I've done a ecu reset but they keep coming back. Cars not been running in a while as I've been slowly plodding on with jobs but all was fine before I started the work.

Any ideas what may have caused these codes to show? Could it be an earth loose or not grounding properly? I have had a quick squint but ran out of light so will check over the next few days when I'm back at the garage that they are all secure and happy.

I've had the multi plug apart as well whilst doing bits and bobs could it possibly be the connector? I'm just trying to get a heads up as not encountered these codes before.

Car starts and idles perfect, not taken it out on the road yet to see what happens or if anything is adrift, I'm assuming it's something to do with avcs?

Any help or direction appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by Infected by sti; 08 March 2015 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08 March 2015, 10:59 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 11 March 2015, 02:14 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

When did you few jobs,did you removed too AVCS solenoids or did you touched them?

I would suspect one of sensor can be damaged or slightly re-positioned and this will cause this,if not I would check all wiring,if wires are in tact then I would check solenoids

This error is pretty common,when people doing AVCS conversion on WRX or when using Group N map or when people using JDM V8 heads on V7 cars as JDM V8 I think using hall effect sensors

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
Old 11 March 2015, 11:12 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Hi Jura

Not touched or removed anything to do with the avcs, I removed the inlet purposely for the ease of it to make life easier removing the old fuel lines and breathers that are bolted underneath.

I've had the multi-plug apart and obviously removed all the earths from the manifold when it came off.

I'm hoping it's something stupid tbh just not had a chance to go back up to the car and inspect it again.

So I'm correct in thinking it's do to do with the avcs, so I'll check all the wiring to it and everything around it. I've not driven it yet tidy so I'm assuming my avcs will be redundant with those fault codes?

Cheers for the reply
Old 11 March 2015, 01:00 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

I would suspect with those errors car will be running bit rough and will feel laggy,second thing which I would suspect yours AFR can be all over the place

Just double check the earth and wiring,you will see,but this can be something easy,if not then new AVCS solenoids are bit expensive

Thanks,Jura
Old 13 March 2015, 01:34 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Hey Jura

Problem solved had one earth strap not connected on the inlet, stuck it on and jobs a good un

Cheers for the replies as usual