Notices

avcs solenoid part number?

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2015, 07:16 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default avcs solenoid part number?

evening all, im wondering if anyone knows the part number and or a link to a genuine part supplier for the avcs solenoid for a bugeye sti 2002. had my car in today and seems the passenger solenoid is a duffer. ive tried googling etc without much success so hoping someone can point me in the right direction. cheers.
Old 03 March 2015, 01:54 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

Part number for AVCS solenoid is 10921AA002

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
Old 03 March 2015, 06:57 AM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Jura thanks a lot m8. Helpful as always! How are you doing? What you guys driving these days? Good to see u around the forum again. Cheers :-)
Old 20 March 2015, 03:06 PM
porter555
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi both.

Dont suppose you would know if that part number would be relevant to a 53 plate STI would you? im getting an error code P1308 (ocv solenoid circuit open) and am looking to replace the solenoid.

also yabbadoo4, where did you end up ordering your part from if you dont mind me asking?

Cheers
Old 20 March 2015, 03:21 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Hi bud. I got a second hand one for free from the garage who does my work alrhough he doesnt regard it as an item to replace second hand but it was checked and is working fine. I think he said they cost £150
Old 20 March 2015, 03:51 PM
boosted
Scooby Regular

Have you checked the solenoid is defiantly faulty?
Old 20 March 2015, 04:06 PM
porter555
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for that yabba.
No boosted, to be honest i've had the scoob about 7weeks now, so still learning the engine etc in between work and family life where i can . I thought it the easier place to start then trying to find a break in the wiring somewhere (im presuming thats what an open circuit is reffering to).
How can i test the solenoid mate?

Cheers
Old 20 March 2015, 06:18 PM
boosted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by porter555
Cheers for that yabba.
No boosted, to be honest i've had the scoob about 7weeks now, so still learning the engine etc in between work and family life where i can . I thought it the easier place to start then trying to find a break in the wiring somewhere (im presuming thats what an open circuit is reffering to).
How can i test the solenoid mate?

Cheers
Unplug and check resistance with a multimeter 👍
Old 20 March 2015, 07:12 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

as above m8. or get a diagnostic plugged in. mine was checked once we replaced it with a snap on unit. he showed me the graph before and after and it was obviously working once we replaced it as the graph for the left side was flat lined on the origional part
Old 20 March 2015, 10:24 PM
porter555
Scooby Newbie

Thanks gents, il give it ago and see where it takes me. Electronics aren't my thing but never too late to learn.
I have handheld AutelMaxidiag scanner which has got me this far but no where near as good as a Snap on!
Wish me luck
Old 20 March 2015, 10:27 PM
boosted
Scooby Regular

It's only an electromagnet so fairly simple
Old 03 April 2015, 07:55 PM
porter555
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by boosted
It's only an electromagnet so fairly simple

The fairly simple part being famous last words.

Finally got round to having a fettle with the avcs solenoids today. What a pain in the ar*e the drivers side one is!! Not knowing which side of the engine code p1308 refers to, I checked both sides.

I got hold of a little electronic reading gizmo tool and have no idea what I was doing to be honest but here's what I found.

The passenger side one I took out, connected the 2 pins up for resistance and it stuck at 1 on the screen. It did flicker very quickly some other numbers then went to 1 and wouldn't move no matter which setting I had the tool on (the biggest tool here being myself I will admit).

However then a family member came round with another electronic meter thing (an old skool one). He put a voltage through it I think and when connecting the pins up the needle popped up to 12v. Does this mean the solenoid circuit is complete and not broken?

We then refitted the valve, left it unplugged, turned the engine on, let it warm up for a minute, and then according to the voltage reader, the plug was providing 2v but was slowly rising. I suppose this means the solenoid is getting power.

After faffing for ages trying to get access to the drivers valve solenoid, I only ended up checking the wiring harness was providing voltage. It gave a reading of 5v ish.

On the bright side I have the part numbers now and know which ones to order. Hopefully someone can make sense of the above and say I need to order a new solenoid and I can say tarra to the engine management light.
Old 19 April 2015, 10:56 AM
porter555
Scooby Newbie

Quick update on this p1308 error code.

Bought a new ocv solenoid (part number 10921AA002) with the hope the solenoid was faulty. Fitted the new solenoid to both sides to test and on each occasion, the engine light came back on within 200 meters with code P1308.

Demoralising to say the least but now I can rule the actual solenoids out as being faulty.

Would my next step be to have an auto electrician check all the wiring loom for breaks and dodgy earths now? As the code suggests the open circuit is somewhere in the link to that pesky ocv?

Can anybody recommend a good auto electrician in the west midlands area?

Thanks