Notices

Will these injectors fit an Impreza?

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2015, 06:17 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will these injectors fit an Impreza?

Evening guys,
I'm looking for some 550cc (or there abouts) injectors as part of the build I'm doing on my Impreza.
My impreza uses phase 1.5 injectors and as these can't be re-flowed (I have a set of 440's) I'm looking for phase two's that I'll use a conversion kit with in order to fit them to my inlet manifold.
I have found the following on ebay but I'm unsure if they will fit or not:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1514836840...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
The seller obviously has advised that they won't fit my car but without having a vin or reg for a car that originally used phase two's they won't commit to telling me if they fit or not, which is fair enough I guess.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Andy.
Old 07 February 2015, 07:05 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I would contact lateral performance he done me a set of 900cc for a fair price. Any reason to why you want 550cc what is your target?? Maybe its worth paying the extra for bigger cc so you have more potential as to when/if wanted to go more bhp

Baz
Old 07 February 2015, 07:11 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Check with your mapper before using reflowed injectors. Some won't map with them. Also not ideal to go for huge injectors if you only need 440's or 550's a little bit of head room is good or if you are planning more power soon fine. But don't just go huge when they arn't needed
Old 07 February 2015, 07:19 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FMJ
Check with your mapper before using reflowed injectors. Some won't map with them. Also not ideal to go for huge injectors if you only need 440's or 550's a little bit of head room is good or if you are planning more power soon fine. But don't just go huge when they arn't needed
Why is it not ideal my engine builder did not tell me it wasn't ideal. I am using 900cc running only 354bhp. Surely having extra would not be an issue as the mapper can control the fuel flow???

Never had a problem getting it remapped either by simon (jgm) or duncan (racedynamix)
Old 07 February 2015, 08:00 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

I don't want to run injectors that are too large or pay the extra for something I won't use based on my build. Besides which if I'm running an adjustable fpr then then the pressure across the injectors can be higher giving a boost to the flow of the injectors. I don't want to buy a set of 440cc phase two's and still have to pay £220 odd pounds to have them re-flowed by lateral although I'm sure what they do is very good. I am working on a budget as it's a track car and not going to be used for the road so I can't justify spending an absolute fortune. I'd be looking at around £270 once I buy some 440 phase two's and have them done by lateral whilst the one's I've seen are £110 with delivery and no exchange so I don't need a set of phase two's to send them if that makes sense.
Old 07 February 2015, 08:07 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B16fun
I don't want to run injectors that are too large or pay the extra for something I won't use based on my build. Besides which if I'm running an adjustable fpr then then the pressure across the injectors can be higher giving a boost to the flow of the injectors. I don't want to buy a set of 440cc phase two's and still have to pay £220 odd pounds to have them re-flowed by lateral although I'm sure what they do is very good. I am working on a budget as it's a track car and not going to be used for the road so I can't justify spending an absolute fortune. I'd be looking at around £270 once I buy some 440 phase two's and have them done by lateral whilst the one's I've seen are £110 with delivery and no exchange so I don't need a set of phase two's to send them if that makes sense.
Yeah does make sense only suggested bigger as you may want bigger numbers eventually but as you don't think its fair to say it clears that one up. Good luck with the build
Old 07 February 2015, 08:16 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

I'm aiming for 400bhp and have been talking to Andy Forrest. He has said 550's combined with the turbo I want would work well together as they would hit what I want and would max out at around the same point.
Cheers,
Andy.

Last edited by B16fun; 07 February 2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08 February 2015, 08:24 AM
ianbott
Scooby Regular

Maxing a turbo out is one thing, gets the most r from it and reduces lag as opposed to a bigger turbo but there is no benefit maxing out injectors.
Try looking in the for sale section, sure I saw some reflowed side feed injectors.
Old 08 February 2015, 10:43 AM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 96sti
Why is it not ideal my engine builder did not tell me it wasn't ideal. I am using 900cc running only 354bhp. Surely having extra would not be an issue as the mapper can control the fuel flow???

Never had a problem getting it remapped either by simon (jgm) or duncan (racedynamix)
I had a set of phase 2s reflowed last year by Lateral and I've been told the larger injector can be mapped to suit but the company I use to map my cars wasn't comfortable using them due to concerns of bore wash with the power I was looking at running so Mark at Lateral swapped them for some 550s he had on the self. Personally I respected the advice given at the time and avoid a potential rebuild if I ignored it.
Old 08 February 2015, 12:20 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peter Pan
I had a set of phase 2s reflowed last year by Lateral and I've been told the larger injector can be mapped to suit but the company I use to map my cars wasn't comfortable using them due to concerns of bore wash with the power I was looking at running so Mark at Lateral swapped them for some 550s he had on the self. Personally I respected the advice given at the time and avoid a potential rebuild if I ignored it.
Granted i cant answer for all mappers to what they like doing or don't.

You said it yourself that a mapper can control the fuel witch is true but you said that your mapper/company wasn't comfortable mapping it due to concerns of borewash. So is he questioning his ability to control the fuel flow?

Not digging just asking general question.
Old 08 February 2015, 03:43 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ianbott
Maxing a turbo out is one thing, gets the most r from it and reduces lag as opposed to a bigger turbo but there is no benefit maxing out injectors.
Try looking in the for sale section, sure I saw some reflowed side feed injectors.
Indeed, I know it's not a god thing maxing out the duty cycle on the injectors. What I meant was that the injectors would be ideally suited to the turbo I'm looking at running as they aren't going to e the limiting factor nor are they too big.
Has anyone been able to look at the eBay link I posted in order to answer my original question?
Cheers,
Andy.
Old 08 February 2015, 04:02 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

The link is for nissan injectors. I looked at nissan 550cc injectors when I wanted to upgrade mine. Didn't find much info about people saying they used nissan injectors in a subaru but I am fairly certain that nissan side feed injectors are the same as ph2 subaru side feed injectors but I think the plug is slightly different. I was going to buy them and give it ago but then some subaru ones came up. I'm sure the plugs for the injectors can be got off any old nissan sunny, almera etc with multipoint sidefeed injectors. not much help but thats all the info I found after digging about.
Old 08 February 2015, 04:23 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply mate. Yeah, I'd seen the Nissan side of things on that avert but it was just with the listing also mentioning subaru in parts but nothing definite.
I keep trawling the for sale section but have yet to see anything for 550's that aren't top feeds.
Cheers,
Andy.
Old 08 February 2015, 04:39 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

Yea 550's got quite popular a little while ago and 440 prices dropped. Like I said I believe the Nissan ones in your link will fit the rails but may need different plugs, is it worth the chance depends how desperate you are. What power are you after? I upped my fuel pressure from 3bar to 3.5bar to make my 440's flow 475cc/min but then maxed them out so changed to 550s

edit: just read 400bhp...

Last edited by GazJenno; 08 February 2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08 February 2015, 04:42 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply mate. Yeah, I'd seen the Nissan side of things on that avert but it was just with the listing also mentioning subaru in parts but nothing definite.
I keep trawling the for sale section but have yet to see anything for 550's that aren't top feeds.
Cheers,
Andy.
eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151581629797&alt=web

or if that link doesnt work here is the item number 151581629797

Last edited by 96sti; 08 February 2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08 February 2015, 06:44 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 96sti
eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151581629797&alt=web

or if that link doesnt work here is the item number 151581629797
Thanks for that. I've messaged the guy to see if he has any flow data or receipt showing these are definitely 555's.
Thanks,
Andy.
Old 08 February 2015, 06:51 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that. I've messaged the guy to see if he has any flow data or receipt showing these are definitely 555's.
Thanks,
Andy.
Your welcome will always get there in the end mate so what spec of build you going for

Baz
Old 08 February 2015, 07:01 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

Nothing outrageous, td05 20g turbo, equal length headers, decat up and down pipes, not sure on the system yet, I'm going to go mafless but not sure if I'll go panel filter or induction kit. 555cc injectors and front mount i/c and a pink box clutch. As I'm running a five speed and it's a track day car that won't be road legal I've been talking to Andy Forrest about having him do the ecu instal and mapping to aim for around 400bhp and 300lbs/ft. Then I have the world's cheapest set of ast coil overs (£31 for a set!) and adjustable top mounts. I have a set of alloy bottom arms and i'll be polybushing everything. I'm going to up the brakes although I've not decided on that yet but I'm doing an abs delete on it. It already has a cage in it but the previous owner left all the interior in so that is all coming out to loose some weight and it'll run slicks where the weather allows.
Andy.
Old 08 February 2015, 07:42 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Nothing outrageous, td05 20g turbo, equal length headers, decat up and down pipes, not sure on the system yet, I'm going to go mafless but not sure if I'll go panel filter or induction kit. 555cc injectors and front mount i/c and a pink box clutch. As I'm running a five speed and it's a track day car that won't be road legal I've been talking to Andy Forrest about having him do the ecu instal and mapping to aim for around 400bhp and 300lbs/ft. Then I have the world's cheapest set of ast coil overs (£31 for a set!) and adjustable top mounts. I have a set of alloy bottom arms and i'll be polybushing everything. I'm going to up the brakes although I've not decided on that yet but I'm doing an abs delete on it. It already has a cage in it but the previous owner left all the interior in so that is all coming out to loose some weight and it'll run slicks where the weather allows.
Andy.
Sounds good should get a build thread going and add some pics
Old 08 February 2015, 08:02 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

I will do as I go along.
Cheers,
Andy.
Old 12 February 2015, 08:33 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Did you buy them injectors?
Old 13 February 2015, 12:07 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,
No, I didn't buy them. They have been running in a Nissan 200sx with the sr20det engine but were originally used in an impreza. I asked about the plugs and he advised that they were the same.
As such I'm just trying to buy a set from the eBay link I originally posted as they will fit the sr20det 200sx and as they are freshly done as apposed to coming out of a used engine and are around the same price I've decided to try some.
The seller just isn't the quickest at responding to the best offer function.
Cheers,
Andy.

Last edited by B16fun; 13 February 2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 14 February 2015, 07:48 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,
No, I didn't buy them. They have been running in a Nissan 200sx with the sr20det engine but were originally used in an impreza. I asked about the plugs and he advised that they were the same.
As such I'm just trying to buy a set from the eBay link I originally posted as they will fit the sr20det 200sx and as they are freshly done as apposed to coming out of a used engine and are around the same price I've decided to try some.
Cheers,
Andy.
come back with an update regarding this as I was and still am in the same issue. 440's are too small and decent "subaru" 550 side fed are complete buncars when it comes to price.
Old 14 February 2015, 08:05 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

Will do mate!
Cheers,
Andy.
Old 14 February 2015, 09:21 PM
2pot
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Hi mate,
Cheers,
Andy.
The nissan plugs are not same. They are like this:

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products...eed-connectors

sr20det injectors do fit phase 2, but with the nissan connectors.

A new set of deatschwerks 550's should cost you £300 delivered inc tax and import duty.

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products...-0550-4-detail

Or this:

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...blem-help.html
Old 14 February 2015, 09:30 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

Well I've bought these 151589447146 (eBay number) so we'll see. They are listed as fitting the impreza so if not I'll look to return them.
I'll keep this post updated with what I find.
Cheers,
Andy.
Old 14 February 2015, 09:35 PM
2pot
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Well I've bought these 151589447146 (eBay number) so we'll see. They are listed as fitting the impreza so if not I'll look to return them.
I'll keep this post updated with what I find.
Cheers,
Andy.
Says they come with adapter fittings - should be OK then.
Old 14 February 2015, 09:36 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

Fingers crossed!
Andy.
Old 17 February 2015, 07:41 PM
B16fun
Scooby Regular

Well boys and girls, the new injectors arrived today and.....
The plug on the injector is exactly the same as the 440's I have so it's all looking good!
£109 for a set of freshly re-flowed 555's is pretty damn good! Fast delivery as well, ordered Sunday night, despatched Monday and arrived today (Tuesday).
One happy me!
Andy.
Old 17 February 2015, 08:19 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Did they prove they were properly flowed and tested? I am very skeptical of anything brought cheap and without a proper name behind them.

Also have you tried the connectors? They look the same when connected but the tab inside can be top or bottom.

If they are all good then its a result. I just don't tend to trust anyone.

Last edited by FMJ; 17 February 2015 at 08:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Will these injectors fit an Impreza?