Notices

Harness bar

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2015, 10:50 PM
Chris14a
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness bar

Where can I find a harness bar for 2001 jdm sti. Been looking around but cannot find them for sale anywhere. Thank Chris
Old 28 January 2015, 10:58 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There were a few buddy club ( I think) ones on ebay in the states recently but not many about. I'm sure one of the UK turners can get you one.

But I wouldn't recommend one if you value your ability to walk and life in general. If you are using four points you risk submarining or having your neck snapped in an impact. If you are using five or six's you solve the submarine issue but without a proper helmet head restraint you risk snapping your neck. Also without roll cage you risk having the weight of a car on your spine in a roll. Standard belts are far safer in an accident unless you get the whole lot.

I only mention this as I assume if you are going harness bar you are not going with a full cage, five/six points and a head restraint device.
Old 29 January 2015, 07:52 AM
PJA
Scooby Regular

Think about this one - I wouldn't like to have a side impact with a harness bar and no cage.
Old 29 January 2015, 09:11 AM
huzzy1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one in my 22B, pain in the *** to be honest.
Old 29 January 2015, 10:11 AM
Ash
Scooby Regular

This is something I have been looking for to let me know if you find anything please
Old 29 January 2015, 01:20 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PJA
Think about this one - I wouldn't like to have a side impact with a harness bar and no cage.
People would rather look cool then worry about what ifs. But as people are killed on the roads everyday and its just pot luck if you come around a corner and somebody is on the wrong side of the road at 60mph or more I would rather keep my chances as good as possible. Most people argue with me and say "yeah but what are the chances of it happening?" Well I am sure that's what all the other people injured or killed thought too.

The other issue is that people think fitting things like harnesses and roll cages improve safety. But not used correctly and they make things far more dangerous. Some adds like the ones on ebay even say that the extra point to a four point harness is added safety.... clearly have no idea what they are selling. That's why a lot of motorsport comps don't allow four points but do threes and five/sixes.

If you must get one ebay has them:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...bar%26_arr%3D1

Last edited by FMJ; 29 January 2015 at 01:25 PM.