Notices

Couple of but I need help sorting?..

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2014, 12:02 AM
mikey89
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of but I need help sorting?..

Well I've got a few bits on my06 that I'm not happy with and need sorting I've look around for ages trying to figure out what they could be but anyway here goes...

Firstly the interior door lock/unlock switch doesn't want to unlock the doors it locked fine no problems and the remote central locking works perfectly it's just trying to unlock the doors with the switch doesn't do anything no noise or clicking so I don't know what could be causing it? Any help would be great

Secondly the headlight washers don't pop up so I'm guessing it's a separate pump to the windscreen but can I get to it by removing the arch liner? And I've read about it can seize and you can wd40 it and fix it? Again any help appreciated

Now to the engine... I've recently had the engine out as I had a cambelt done and it got done wrong so had to get stripped and rebuilt with new valves so new gaskets and bolts the lot new cambelt kit inc pullys ect but now my engine makes a high pitch beep tone when the engine is off and a werring noise when she is on idle and when driving I really don't know what they could be? Definitely don't know about the high pitch beep but maybe the wering could be the alternator? Not sure though?... And again if anyone can help

Just want these bits sorting as I'm abit **** with all the little bits..
Old 04 December 2014, 09:39 AM
corno
Scooby Regular

Sorry I can't answer it all, but with regards to the headlight washers have you tried checking the fuse that connects them? Or checked that they are connected and not disconnected by the previous owner?
Old 04 December 2014, 11:11 AM
mikey89
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply I havent checked the fuse not sure which one it would be? And it all looks connected
Old 04 December 2014, 12:26 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Start engine with alternator belt removed, that rules out if it's that.