Notices

Electric Windows Not Working Except Drivers - Classic

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2014, 03:38 PM
cushti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Windows Not Working Except Drivers - Classic

Hi - this is not the usual disable button issue when it's accidentally turned off!

The driver's electric window works but all the others suddenly stopped working both from the main driver's switch unit as well as from each individual window switch. I switched on the disable button & nothing happens as normal. I switch off the disable button, press any switch (pass or rear) & just get a clicking sound inside that door as if it's trying to work the motor

All the switches when pressed, whether individual or from the driver's main switch unit, click inside the doors but the windows aren't moving?! I have a spare driver's switch unit, swapped it over & the same thing happens.

Is there a relay somewhere that could be stuck open/closed? Bad earth maybe (but then it shouldn't click should it - where is the earth for this)? Poor battery?

Last edited by cushti; 19 November 2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 19 November 2014, 09:08 PM
Markfey
Scooby Regular

Currently got the same problem. I've bought new switches and motors. Unfortunately my car is currently at enginetuner so I can't replace the parts but as soon as I do I'll let you know.
Old 20 November 2014, 06:10 PM
cushti
Scooby Regular

Just noticed the sunroof is doing the same, just clicking when the switch is pressed but it's not opening. Wonder if they're on the same circuit?

Got to be a relay or earth but don't know where to start (can't be a fuse as I'd expect no clicking at the sunroof/window motors if it'd blown)?
Old 20 November 2014, 08:24 PM
cushti
Scooby Regular

Fixed it. Unbelievable luck but easy to explain:

Electric Windows: I fitted a V3 sti interior just now into my V2 UK Turbo. Either all the window switches were knackered in all three V3 door cards I bought or they are not the same switches that go into a V2, even though they fit perfectly into the wiring loom plug. I fitted my old V2 door card switches into the door cards & all electric windows working fine now (the drivers main control switch must be ok for V2 & V3 looms).

Sunroof: the motor had seized. Let down the headlining at the back & smacked the sunroof motor a few times with a hammer in frustration. Bingo, kicked into action again

Now got to put everything back together again but happy it was just loads of time & no expense

Last edited by cushti; 20 November 2014 at 08:26 PM.