Notices

ScoobySport full system vs Back box

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2002, 06:54 PM
Vanker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have got a 2002 MY WRX & I am thinking of fitting a Scooby Sport full exhaust system (turbo back) but I concerned about how this will effect the warrenty. The compromise is to just fit the back box which will not effect the warrenty. Has anyone done this if so what was your experience.
I would also like to know how the performance is effected for both options. Full system will give an extra 35 bhp & back box 10-15 I guess is this noticable or am only going to acheive a nice exhaust note.

Cheers
Old 02 June 2002, 08:01 PM
ChrisB

Defo speak to your dealer 1st.

Seems to be a few dealers saying *any* none Subaru / Prodrive mod kills your entire warranty on the car.
Old 04 June 2002, 09:36 AM
Otis
Scooby Regular

The party line from Subaru UK is that any backbox other than a Prodrive WR Sport or the standard one will void your warranty on an exhaust/engine related claim i.e. if you had say a paint problem then that would still be honoured. I even asked about putting an Sti backbox on and they gave me the same response, on the basis that SUBARU UK have not tested what affect an Sti box has on a UK car.

How people get round this is to either find a 'sympathetic' dealer, remove the backbox if they go into their dealer, or buy the WR Sport option.

Hope this helps.

Otis.
Old 05 June 2002, 08:38 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

also

speak to your insurers - my back box cost a bloody mint to insure -read 200 quid! yes

was it worth it, er well it sounds mint, I did it for noise not power, I didnt even realise 10bhp was real for them!

I probably would have done the whole thing if Id realised how much the extra ins would be